Tree of Savior Forum

Is it worth to max leap as archer with all the rubberband happening?

so far ive tested leap lvl 4-5 giving very high chance of rubberband, (even with low ping)
and lv1-3 give much less rubberband close to none of it.
so is it better to gamble with rubberband for more range or having shorter range but you have more consistent leap without rubberband.
talking from pvp perspective like feud, etc

What’s rubberband?
I only know the literal meaning :joy:

Also I haven’t tried myself so can’t make a guess. Lol.

you get teleported back after using that skill because of lag or server delay or something like that
something like this

2 Likes

It’s worth the skill just to make your character displace and harder for enemies to hit you because you probably look like you’re lagging on their screen.

It seems ToS skills that have any movement displacement suffers from awful coding and client/server interaction, because of the vast amounts of rubberbanding.

This is such a common occurrence, it’s really a huge damper to this poorly coded game.

so other player also saw me teleporting like that?
but basically if you didnt rubberband it will be much better right? far range+allowing you to dash

I can’t speak for everyone, but I have no rubberbanding when I don’t act before the animation finishes.

Oh my. Yes I think I saw it happened to some people. Thought it was my connection. Some of my guildmates were talking about desync too. Now I get it. That’s sucks.

In sniper serenity state I ALWAYS go back to the start point with any movement skills, Musketeer melee hit, archer Jump, Matross Jump, Tiger Hunter Ambush, its just me?

I’m having a lot of bad rubber bands often these days despite of my connection being good
:tired:

Yesterday during velcoffee third phase, I’ve tried to leap off velcoffee’s poison pool. Ended up rubberbanding back to the pool getting insta kill.

Nice one IMC

3 Likes

Nope, you re not alone bud, I reported that issue months ago when I switched to musketeer but they claimed there is no prob… (and i guess tehy cannot really comprehend the matter since they have god-like ping/ connections in korea)

1 Like

well they should fix their coding instead of blaming it on our connections. they should have this problem in mind alrdy before they even launch the game gobally tbh. :confused:

it’s really stupid that they can screw up a new skill that they themselves work on.
And ironic Matross’s leap has 0 issue… when it’s literally the same kind of code

2 Likes

It isn’t just you, and these issues aren’t just related to archer, it’s basically any movement skill or displacement skill because of this games awful coding and client/server interaction.

Instead of fixing things they just add more awful content into the game.

wow that’s awful, where are u playing from? do u lag in other games?
I got that thing with leap only at dungeons, but on open maps and cm didn’t happen

I’m from Chile and play in Silute (SA server in Brazil), so my ping it’s not the best but its not bad, I only have that problem with archers, sometimes with Instant Accel from Assa but not too often.

Silute was already too problematic with lag, i remember not long ago people having intense lag problems and leaving
You should try and test it on NA

I just tested this aswell on level 4 Leap and level 1 Leap. Level 4 Leap tend to rubberband say 10 tries gives 6-7 rubberband jumps, but on Level 1 Leap there are barely any rubberband, only on certain occasion i got rubberband. Now i leave 3 skill points as idk what should i get with it.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.