Tree of Savior Forum

[Highlander Lancer build] If trans sticks around.. (PvP)

Lol worst case scenario for poor people:

If trans sticks around…

Sw -> high1 -> high2 -> cata -> cata2 -> cata 3 -> high3 -> lancer -> lancer 2 -> lancer 3 could be a thing in the future.

You can’t use a lot of skills while mounted, BUT you can still use skull swing and this will allow you to do more than 1 damage on people with $$ to spare.

Lack of restrain will HURT for sure, but not as much as hitting for 1 damage.

These are the skills you can’t use while mounted:

Cartar Stroke, Cross Cut, Vertical Slash.

2 Likes

I don’t think many ppl are on the realm of 4k+ pdef with aspersion yet alone without aspersion in PVP. Also lancer skills got crazy skill damage scaling. Doesn’t “Crush” have a type of armor break?

Something like this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11222777h.234555.3f657a.112f3f415865.1131415165

Haven’t put a lot of thought on lancer or highlander skill distribution yet.

@sensate this is for casual players not necessarily ones with 4k patk

Yeah I know but if you take a look at how much skill damage lancer skills have, they will hit decently hard without trans. Same goes for Murmillo skills, Fencer 3 skills, and Dragoon’s Dethrone. Your Rush will hit 1s tho xDD

True but the idea is to hit for more than 1 damage with rush.

1 Like

https://tos.neet.tv/skills/31504

###Devaluation
Provides a chance (60% w/ max attribute) to turn all enemy equipment enhancement and transcendence values to 0. When the enemy is a monster, reduces physical and magic attack and defense. This amount is reduced in half if the enemy is a boss monster.

CD: 20s / Duration: 120s
No. of Targets: 5 + [Skill Level]

Everyone’s either gonna roll Appraiser builds or would want to have one in the team/party.

Maybe this is IMC’s fix to the Transcendence issue. Hahaha

1 Like

Oh ya forgot about appraiser. That’s gonna be great. But what about this particular lancer build?

1 Like

Yeah the damage formula is really not working in PVP so well atm lol. I mean not technically but like nobody should hit for 1s.

Edit: I’m curious now how crossguard + initiate is cuz as far as I know, you don’t need a specific weapon type to cast or keep initiate buff right?

It could work, but landing those combos might be tricky especially in 5v5+ scenarios and the unresolved issue with FPS drops and bad ping for most people. I expect the skill ceiling to be damn high to get this build to make an impact.

2 Likes

would Sw2-Hop2-Cata3-Lancer1 be a thing? to scale that pierce of Lancer?

Crush is more than enough, i have 3,8k pdef on TBL and with that debuff a catacombs pike can deal more than 1 damage to me.

@staff i hope transcendence is removed, it is indeed the worst content for poor people and it turns away newer players… please remove or nerf it drastically imc!! there should never be a ridiculous power gap in pvp!

1 Like

Normally I’d agree to remove transcendence from TBL/GVG/pvp or at the very least put a cap on it while pvping, ie while in TBL if the cap is trans 4 and you enter with trans 10, it scales down to the cap.

However, there’s also the huge gap in gear. You can easily get 5k+ mdef without transcendence thanks to the new 315 gears that provides so much mdef ie. pierene sword + lionhead/emengard shield + nauele cards. Magic classes would get screwed, wizards especially since their rank 8 classes have relatively low base power skills compared to physical.

If they remove/nerf transcendance they’ll have to rebalance gear stats as well. As for OP’s build, isn’t armor break a rank 1 debuff? Prophecy/blood letting can completely ignore it. Even pain barrier now has a chance to resist rank 1 debuffs which every swordsman has access to. So if armor break fails, you’ll have to wait 40 seconds to try again, by then you’d probably be dead assuming you’re not dead already trying to armor break the enemy.

The idea is to remove all 3.8k of ur pdef not just 1.9k so more dmg can be dealt with rush.

Crush into quaintain can be used while skull swing is on cooldown.

I see, but losing restrain and pain barrier would hurt too much IMO with a trans 10 weapon nobody tanks rush and lancer skills. I have seen some videos of cata lancers wreckin everybody on ktos.

Rush’s 3x stagger per second is enuf cc in most cases by itself. Restrain and pain barrier are simply luxuries to make your opponents into sitting ducks in ideal situations.

3 Likes

I am currently building this on my new swordsman. Sitting at Rank 6 atm hopefully Ill be Rank 8 by end of weekend.

1 Like

I actually looked into this and you’re right armor break is lv1 and crush debuff is lv3.

This means that if you have prophecy or bloodletting then skull swing would fail. Crush would still go through.

This definately makes the build a lot less effective when it comes to removing the trans of Clerics which are a major problem in PvP right now.

What rank is the debuff of Devaluation from appraiser?

According to tosneet it’s rank 3.

So then in that case appraiser is the ultimate class to pierce trans equipment. The problem with devaluation though is that it’s a 60% success chance which can probably be further reduced by SPR.

Only beak mask or fumigate can stop devaluation (which is still problematic but less so).

2 Likes