Tree of Savior Forum

Hoplite(at least c1) is viable to Fencer

(I’m not a native English speaker, plz forgive my poor express.)

In this topic I want to proof Hoplite skill Stabbing, even in level 5, is really a good skill for fencer.
So at least choose Hoplite c1(if you dont like to swap weapon) is really a good choice.

Now is the proof & compare:

Suppose you have atk 1000 at least(PATK+BUFF+property atk+enhance…), which is really easy to hit.

As known to all, Fencer have onc chance to burst with Preparation(every 35s).
now we have 3 skill

skillatk                 hit
Stabbing(lv5)        165                       15
Sept Etoiles(lv15)   524                       7
Fleche(lv5)          2542                      3

damge1(basic damge)

Stabbing=(165+1000)*15=17475
Sept Etoiles=(524+1000)*7=10668
Fleche=(2542+1000)*3=10626

in basic damge stabbing win, but stabbing will take 2~3s to use, so not really
overwhelming.

damge2(with Preparation)

Stabbing=(165+1000)* 15*2=34950
Sept Etoiles=(524+1000)*8 *2=24384
Fleche=(2542+1000) *3 *2=21252
stabbing win with more damage difference.

damge3(preparation& 100 attribute)
Stabbing=(165+1000) * 1522=69900
Sept Etoiles=(524+1000) * 722=48768
Fleche=(2542+1000) * 322=42504
still stabbing win, and stabbing is a r3 skill which means more cheap for attribute.

damge4(dmg3 +spare lung )
if you go to Hoplite C2, you can use Spare lung for burst.
Spare lung’s damge ratio is not exactly known to me, so just use 1.5
Stabbing=(165+1000) * 15221.5=104850
Sept Etoiles=(524+1000) * 7
21.5=73152
Fleche=(2542+1000) * 3
2*1.5=63756

well, the difference now is significant with 40k more damge without consider crit( which make more huge damge diff in fancer3)

So, i can say stabbing and Hoplite is really help for fancer when dealing with boss in dun and WB.

If you dont like to swap weapon, just get Hoplite c1 and go whatever rank you like, stabbing is really helpfu.

what’s more, with stabbing,there is no reason to add Sept Etoile more than level 1.

If you have any opinion, just tell me below.
and if you guys think stabbing is really good for fencer, i can list some considerable build with Hoplite c1 or c2.

All my logic is already shown.
And I will reorganize all of these here to prevent the endless argument.(But it’s really helpful to my English communication )

0: Do whatever you like!

1.Q:Stabbing is not so power now or in the future.
A:[quote=“rhonin.wang, post:73, topic:324608”]
prep+stabbing is really a powerful skill combo(show upper).Besides you can also use sept etoiles after stabbing.
[/quote]

If you think you have enough pierce skill or really like to use other type skill or Attaque Compose then return 0.

2.Q: Is it Hop1 worth to loss the chance of Hl3 and Barb3?
A:
To deal with this, compare with the skill Barb3 and HL3 to Hop1 is needed.
I have shown my opinon of HL3 skill and Barb3.

And Pouncing has soooo long cooldown.
You can get Frenzy, Warcry and Seism at barb2 but will lose some damage.
For these skill:

Seism is good aoe skill.
If you really like Barb3 or Hl3 or think what i said is wrong, return 0.

3.Q: Fencer is lack of Aoe ability.
A:
if you really want to make up Aoe ability.Beside Seism:

And IMO:[quote=“rhonin.wang, post:58, topic:324608, full:true”]
The reason why i dont care about fencer’s aoe ability is because of the role fencer is in pve.When cleaning mobs in grinding and dungeon, you are an evasion tank supplying taunt. You will never have the aoe capability that comparable to wizard and archer.(and no one care your aoe ability)

WB, dungeon boss, Siaulai is the real place you can be a dps.
[/quote]

If you think you need pouncing or only 10 lvl Seism can make up your aoe ability, just return 0.

4.Q:Fencer need more types of damage skill.
No, i think fencer has many powerful pierce skills and pierce buff and pierce debuff and pierce attribute. I dont need other type skills at all. Even dealing with plate enemy(little high damage strike skills) and even with Epee no longer has 100% uptime.

If you think multiple damage skills is important, you can choose barb2 or hl2 or corsair or return 0.

5.Q:Stabbing is hard to use/ some boss is always running.
A: yes, and pouncing is also hard to use if you want to take full damage.
How to use and when to use is depending on you.
If you think stabbing is not suit for you, plz return 0.

If there are other questions i didn’t cover, just tell me, i may add.

In this forum, people always think stabbing and Hop awful to fencer.
But in the forum of Taiwan and China, barb3-fencer has little supporters.

This forum needs more different voice. The reason you are not a hop-fencer cant be the reason i dont like it.

I tried to use a barb-fencer and abandoned in barb3. Everyone has their prefer and the people want to play fencer need more voices.

I really like this guide,this guide make me begin thinking of Hop.

But @minjuleex stop updating, maybe becaues without supporter.

2 Likes

I might be wrong as I don’t have Hoplite, but isn’t Stabbing lasts for like 5s?

Composee has 0.6s animation, level 3 (1+2) deals 577 damage, so you can cast at least 8 times, which makes :

Hoplite + Fencer is indeed interesting, tho not Hoplite C1.

i recommend Stabbing mostly beacuse of the Preparation that can make damege double. And stabbing will be the best skill for this double chance until rank8.
I also prefer to choice Hoplite C2 but Hoplite C1 is also considerable for these non-swap weapon player.

Besides, I really like @minjuleex 's build. But I may don’t choose Hoplite C3 only for more aoe damage with spear.

And as my Stabbing use experience, the damage deal more faster than animation(i didn’t test, but i think it depends how fast you press the keyboard 15 times) Then you can cancel the animation.

Based on the skill alone, yes Preparation + Stabbing > Preparation + Sept, tho you’ll have 3.2s (?) to spam Composee after Prep + Sept :

5*(1000+577)*2 = 15770

which makes Prep + Sept + Composee total damage

21336 + 15770 = 37106

Also, Sept hits 8 times (tho then again I don’t think anyone would take Sept 15 at Fencer 3, it has probably the worst damage growth of all Fencer skills).

Sorry if I appear to be always-disagree on Hoplite C1 + Fencer, as IIRC it has been discussed at either minjuleex’s thread and/or Guide to Fencer / Doppel [PVE]

sorry for my wrong print in the original damage calculation, i have ediet it.
preparation& 100 attribute
Stabbing(lv5)=(165+1000) * 1522=69900

Sept Etoiles(lv15)=(524+1000) * 822=48768
Composee after Prep + Sept : 5*(1000+577)*2 = 15770
all:48768+15770=64538

still Stabbing win. And stabbing has 15hits means more damage increase with atk increase.

also stbbing only has 25s cd and Sept Etoiles is 29s cd

the damage with Prep&full attribute is in the list damge3 (if i have the wrong calculate just tell me)

Probably you missed Composee’s attribute at this part?

5*(1000+577)*2 = 15770

the *2 isn’t 100% Composee attribute, Composee deals 2 hits.
So yea, you’ll need

48768 + 15770*X = 69900
X = 1.34

Composee attribute at level 34 for Prep + Sept + Composee to deal same damage with Prep + Stabbing, both Sept and Stabbing at 100% attribute.

sorry, i didn’t know the Composee has two hit(i just played 2 c5 char for fencer and want a better build)
Then you are right.
The damage will be almost equal when Sept Etoiles lvl is 5.
And with more atk increase stabbing will increase more damege because of more hits.
You also can use Sept Etoiles after stabbing!
So i still think stabbing is a good skill!:grinning:

1 Like

Stabbing is nice for bosses.

But remember fencer alone has enough skillset for pierce attacks,
so it’s still ideal to take slash attacks from barb/HL or utility from corsair / sword 3 pain barrier / pelt guardian

Something like Pel>Hop>HL2>Fencer if you want hop in

beacues RANK 8 is coming, compare to other class, stabbing can contribute more pierce type damage, which will be enhance by Epee Garde. So Hoplite C1 and C2 should be think about again.
Hoplite C1 is not a bad choice for people want play Highland C2 and Barb C2.

And the build I like most is below.
Sword1-Hoplit2-barb1-Fencer3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG5ojr1U2CQ&spfreload=5

So I’m also consider about
Pel>Hop>Barb>Corsair>Fencer3
This build seems interesting(you can use 5 class costumes!!!) and with more slash damage, but lack of aoe(Fencer3 will make up aoe maybe?)

Yas as @Lostac said, having more damage type variety should be better on overall gameplay. Tho if you like Hoplite, why not? Just because it doesn’t deal the highest damage in X seconds doesn’t mean its not viable

Personally I prefer to have at least 2 kind of damage type at my skill kit as melee follows rock-paper-scissors rule. Currently playing Barb3 Fencer and so far I enjoy it (tho too many buffs, Pardoner’s Sacrament and Aspersion got overwritten most of the time).

If I ever reroll, most likely it’ll be HL3 Fencer as I find Helm Chopper severely lacking in damage.

edit :
@rhonin.wang quite the opposite actually, Fencer severely lacks in AoE

sorry i dont buy hoplite is better for fencer
sw1-pelta1-barb3-fencer3

pelta guardian buff still too good to miss
barb3 you can choose frenzy or warcry, and pouncing still good and now you have cleave buff

i said this purely objective, because my fencer
sw1-pelta1-barb2-cor1-fencer2 and regreting taking corsair than bar3

So what skill in your opinion can mostly provide AoE to fencer?
HL’s Cartar Stroke ? or Seism and Pouncing?

but IMO, it’s waste of time use auto attack for frenzy, one of my char is barb3 and I think it’s not fit for fencer.

Sadly I haven’t start my HL Fencer yet, so I’m not too sure bout Cartar Stroke. I heard it deals beast strike damage with better-than-Seism AoE (main reason I want to roll HL3 Fencer tbh). Seism is nice, tho all offensive Barb skills excluding Pouncing (and maybe Giant Swing) falls off hard post 200. If you’re not playing alone, full SPR Linker C3 would solve alllll your problem.

As a Fencer, every second you’re not spamming Composee (or Flanconnade) is a DPS loss, so just click Frenzy (don’t bother to stack) and start spamming.

Thanks for your suggestion :grinning: I will try to take HL into account.

hoplite have horrible synergy with fencer. swapping to a rapier will cancel finestra.