Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe

Circling: expand - If enemies within the range of [Circling] receive physical or missile attacks, there is 5% chance per attribute level that another enemy will receive the same damage.

DISCLAIMER

I’ve done my own experiments. You’re welcome to try it yourself if you won’t believe me.

Anything that does elemental damage is not a physical attack or a missile. Things you can try or research:

• [steady aim] affects missile only and does not affect the dot (only the initial hit) of [needle blow] and [wugong gu]
  • [bazooka] affects attack and therefor affects both the dot and the initial hit of all wugushi skills

Now [throw gu pot] and [jincan gu] both do poison (elemental) damage so it “should” not work. Some ktos players have confirmed this. Also (can’t confirm right now since I haven’t found the reply in the ktos thread) [jincan gu] can’t trigger itself because it needs a physical attack to spawn banelings and [jincan gu] does poison (elemental) damage and is therefor not a physical attack. This also means you can’t use [throw gu pot] to spawn banelings.

What to take away from my ramblings:

• don’t aim for it (build around the idea)
  • if it does “work” you HAVE TO ASK if it is intended design because it can get “fixed” without it ever being mentioned being a bug (see [cyclone] and [pears of agony] history)

PS
Wugushi needs c3 post buffs for significantly stronger [throw gu pot] and [jincan gu] true aoe.

3 Likes

Yeah, as I was expecting it does not work with wugushi =(. It makes sense

tottaly agreed.

In the end, I’ll just have to find something else to make a falconer3 with =(

Little side note, Needle blow snapshots your damage, so you boost your patk all the way up before using the skill; on the otter hand, wugong does update on the fly, so if you use steady aim, bazooka, kneeling shot, etc. it does increase. Wugong is love cuz of this.
Although nice research on the elemental part, maybe if it works, only does dmg for “initial hit” then does nothing else after.

Little side note that shows an example of both elemental and physical attack.
Monk’s Energy Blast taken as is both Physical and Holy.

Gu Pot’s case is slightly different, as its damage is dealt by a debuff (as with other Wugushi skills), so it might be considered differently, whereas Monk’s Energy Blast deals damage directly by the caster.

Do we have this already? It kinda makes me want to tinker with it. Can it crit? If IMC can indeed mix physical and elemental tags, it would be a great thing for wugu specifically. No more “poisons can’t crit” problem (maybe).

They dont crit but also they ignore most defenses.

I was thinking that Wugushi buffs should be more towards the other skills such as Zhendu, Detoxify and Bewitch.

Zhendu should have an attribute that allows the stacking of the poison debuff. So instead of just another dot after hit, it can increase the poison debuff up to 10 times (C3 attribute). The last attribute being maintenance (that is zhendu will always be active for the time it is up, C2 attribute)

Detoxify on the other hand should have a C3 attribute that allows it to immunize itself from status effects (player only) at the cost of being unable to receive status effects for ‘x’ seconds. Cause you know, Tree of Cleric makes Wugus nonexistent.

Bewitch on the other hand will disable a player’s ability to use a pot for at least 3 seconds (C2 attribute minimum)

finally wugushi fix and buffs come :heart_eyes:

gotta do some testing in order to update the guide.
guys please share any findings you get

1 Like

the dmg of new jincan gu cant see if disable other ppl dmg??? somebody can confirm this?

-hi huys i"ll be wugushi 3 cann2
Is it worth to put any dex since poison doesn’t crit?

Anyone tested the new update skills?

Str is just a gigantic trap.

all str does is giving u up to 750 phisical atk, compared to a practo weap is not so much and when u start trascending is nothing, meanwhile critting will still boost your good canno skill, multishot and barrage (if u went for it at circle3). Still more then worth it even in wugu 3 build.

What I do suggest on wugu is to stack crit rate as much as possible, in order to have more str leftover to invest after crit cap. for my wugu 3 I will use: lolo chest+bottom (1st bonus set) red veris gloves (or the new gloves from HG with 19 crit rate, still undecided), 2x sissel, max peta, silver hawk. This is all the crit rate gear u can have on an archer atm (plus emengard cannon).

After crit rate at 770-780 with swift step, 31 con rest str (should be almost 100 points with all the crit rate stacking items avaible)

To make it easier u can go with 8x elleganos for 80 free crit rate (I will still stick with glassmole for meltis party play) and u will have even more str to invest, especially if u don’t want to do any serious content u can go around with 0 con pretty easily beeing greedy.

The only thing that I hate of canno is that the purple practo version is horrible (menus dex, KAPPA)… Yet another orange to craft :cry:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply

Guide Updated. Do tell me if i missed something.

1 Like

Is this real life? What about [needle blow] or [wugong gu]? That would be a great self combo to be able to dot up a target and have it generate its own banelings.

can’t wait for post that says “Nerf Wugushi too OP”

this new jincan goo its a little confuse… the insects appear when monsters die? or hit chance? i think appear much more if he die… and not very effective in boss… dont dmg fly monsters right?

the insect cards infoes are so confused that look almost useless.

Also, confirm that lvl up them doesn’t provide any bonus.

We need to know what cards does // if they get better with more stars!

:smiley:

Lvling cards doesnt do anything.
Monsters summon bugs when they are attacked with misile or physical dmg at a 10% chance. but they also seem to summon them if they die need some more research.
i need to test whenever other poisons also summon bugs or if it is the boss card the one counting as physical dmg to summon them.

ohh also sweet glitch:
Bewitch seems to work on non poisoned enemies becoming a CC skill

Older info which could be useful for the guide. The makers have already left us.

Insect drop value for poison pot.

Leaf Bug Shell - 40
Weaver Feeler - 40
Mantiwood Skin - 55
Crystal Spider Feeler - 55
Yekubite Antennae - 55
Beetow Feeler - 55
Leafly Wing - 55
Varv Feeler - 55
Grummer Leaf - 65
Operor Thorn - 65
Vekarabe Shell - 70