Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe

I think you need to have a higher level Detoxify than the poison skill level.
So detoxify level 6 vs plague vapour level 5 could work. Not sure.
If your detoxify is lower skill level, it will just cause -3 seconds poison duration.

Still I recommend bringing antidotes.

the collection is finally complete

MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 Like

Not sure if this was posted but here is an almost FULL DEX Wugushi… The damage is still very relevant if you don’t go STR.

1 Like

So…we are not getting the latest Ktos wugu buff tomorrow right? Just the multiple poison stacking thing…

Yes, this is not the latest ktos patch.

waa i want that effect, what is the name of the boss? and where i could find it?

its a mothstem card found in the 160 dungeon

Is the attribute already applied with the ticks of poison cause it feels like an looks like it wasn’t applied at all :frowning:

Hi, so i was wondering if is viable to of off meta for SR3 build, instead of ranger 3 > SR3
going for A2>R1>Wugu2> SR3 is this build viable?

and wugushi skills will dismount?

Tyvm for the insights

Throw Gu Pot is the only Wugu skill that will dismount you. And Wugu>SR is a solid build in terms of Single target DPS thru Wugu and SR for decent AoE

wow nice dmg. I wonder what’s her equipment is tho? I saw about 2k pattack if i’m not mistaken and if it is also her on the video.

Ok, with multiple stacking poisons, how good/bad is [zhendu] now?

Zhendu doesn’t stack.

So only [needle blow] and [wugong gu]? Or do we not have that yet?

iToS:

Jincan Gu

• The poison of different characters can now be stacked.

Needle Blow

• The infection ailment can now be stacked with that of other Wugushi skills.

Throw Gu Pot

Wugong Gu

Wow, you would think [zhendu] would be the 1st to get this since it is a party buff. Thanks. I’m leaning more and more towards qs3-wug3 instead of qs3-flet3 for bossing.

Any news on the new [jincan gu] being able to crit or not?

Anyone now what the boss cards scale with? I cant imagine IMC adding that in and legit having it do 0 damage based on your PHYS attack or STR.

A guildie shared this video with me for some info on the new banelings.

[jincan gu] gets used at 2:00 and 4:40

From what I can tell, [jincan gu]'s 5 baneling cap is per target (I see way more than 5 at a time). They also can’t crit. I’m guessing banelings are poison property damage since elemental damage can’t crit.

The update on wugushi mean dots wont be over writing from other wugushi on bosses and can be stacked?[quote=“alaia.sun, post:1, topic:230904, full:true”]
Hi there, my IGN is Izolet at the time the last update of this post im a lvl.242 A>R3>W3 and i decided to make this post in order to make some in-deep research on the wugushi class, including synergy with other classes builds and tactics, the objective of this is to elaborate a guide with this class as its center by combining the experience of various people and to test as much as posible the hidden mechanics of this class. Right now it still doesnt have a format and is more like a open post of my experience on it but as more people add intel on it i will develop it further to the guide objetive.

ABOUT THE CLASS

-Wugushi’s is a really powerfull class Poisons are withouth a doubt my most powerfull skills but as it is powerfull it is also a class restrained by CD. First thing you shoul know about wugushi is that no skill has CD below 20 secs, and no slill has overheat. This is not a class you can spam arround, and is not suited to use against weak mobs.

CLASS MECHANICS

-The Focus of Wugushi is DoT, wich means that the main dealer of damage is time, since each poison can stack with each other and they have individualy high damage what wugushi really need to shine is just a target that can last all that time.

-Each poison works as a separate debuff, this means that while you can stack diferent skills, if another wugushi uses the same skill it will only rewrite the previous debuff. This is important to notice on worldbosses hunt or partyes with 2 wugus

-Each poison has its own mechanics, they all scale on PHYSYCAL ATTACK, meaning you dont need a pure str build for wugushi, and can scale from your weapons also.

-they dont crit, they depend on the initial hit to land to inflict the actual poison so if anything blocks or dodges that hit is basically wasted sp.

-Once the first hit landed the itself poison wont miss.

-On PvP poison can be cured and prevented by clerics.

-Poison aplyes elemental damage on each tick so it benefits a lot from arde, venom, mana-mana, or viper.

-Poisons ignore physical and magical def, rely only on element resistance to be dimished.

-Finally wugushi uses a system called poison pot for its skills that can be recharged by insect mobs drops and store poison. wich apears as an icon on the lower bar next to stats button

SKILLS

C1

-Detoxyfy: removes poison or poison duration if poison rank is hier than the skill.

-Needle Blow: Single Target damage DoT, skill lvl improves initial hit + duration, scales on str ticks 2 per second, poison elemental damage

-Wugong gu: Single Taget damage DoT, skill improves initial hit + duration and max number of infected monsters. Skill provides a infection status debuf to the first hit monster, any physycal hit given to the infector will spread the poison DoT to a nearby monster, DoT is the same for infector and infected. atributes increase skill DoT duration

-Zhendu: applyes a buff to party members in range that provides a poison DoT to the first monster hit, with atributes the skill also reduces pison resistance by 35 points wich rises the damage of all poison DoT.

-Bewitch: confuse up to 3 poison infected monters, infected monster may atack you or another monsters for 7 seconds. confuse isn’t avaliable in pvp as far as i know.

C2

-Throw Gu Pot: Generates a pool of poison that affects any ground type target that steps inside the pool applying poison debuff that ticks 2 times per second while they are inside the pool, the debuff inmediately disapears after the target steps out or the skill time is up. atribute allows escaping targets to be affected by a 4 sec debuff poison. this is only triggered by stepping out of the AoE, and not by the pool disapearing. Skill lvls only increase damage, the duration of this skill is fixed at 6 seconds. bewitch can be cast on all targets inside the pool.
This skill is the only one confirmed to be affected by Boss cards. Equiping a boss cards allows you to use the boss skill along with gu pot
Earth Canceril(tested): adds a water explotion followed by a small wave that inflicts damage, aprox 1/5th of the skill damage per hit. Hits several times. water does not trigger poison DoT, only the pool
Manticen (Tested): adds a ground explotion in an hexagon form damage is dealt on every axis of explotion being concentrated on the center.

C3

Jincan Wu: This skill has similar workings to Throw Gu Pot on its mechanics, you throw a contaminated bomb that creates a puddle of equal apereance of Gu pot, any monster that steps (flying monsters are inmune) on it gets a debuff poison, the poison itself works like Zhendu on damage and ticks per second, however the duration of the debuff last a whole minute. If any monster dies while if efect of the poison it will randomly summon 1-5 poison bugs that will attack nearby enemies. Each bug can hold aggro on itself and has a small hp. any summoned bugg has a lifespan of 20 secs. each bug has a attack that ticks 1 or 2 times per second and does somewhat low damage, this damage acts on each bug so it is posible to summon lots of bugs and deal severe damage while also holding aggro on them. given this conditions this skill is not bad but dificult to apply, in any case it can count as a 5th poison DoT so its far from useless on bosses though its better used on small parties (1-3ppl) or against lots of enemies

WUGUSHI Vs PVE

-To me Wugushi is works like a support class, kinda a weird one perhabs, its focus is not to directly buff your party but kinda use them to further expand its effects. Though it’s able to provide a loooooot of damage given enought time the heavy cooldowns restrict all that outpput so you cant depend on it to keep killing monsters after you have already used a skill.

On normal open-map pve tanky mobs are instantly killed within 1-2 seconds of being infected, so actually poisons arent that usefull, they do kill fast but the cooldown would leave me open for 20 secons if not for my archer/ranger skills, so the tankyer or stronger the enemy is the more suitable the poisons become.

On what wugushi really shines is dungeon/mission and boss hunting. the more a combat is going to last the more usefull it becomes.

for normal instance mobs i have found that wugong gu and zhendu are quite usefull, zhendu decreases poison resistante and applyes to every member of a party wich means that with some luck gou can get up to 5 infections instantly, that with the spread infection of wugong gu can let you further deprive quite a big group of monsters of their hp, needle blow while less usefull than wugong gu or zhendu (in partyes) will always let you kill that strong or surviving monster or apply more damage to you current target.

People underestimate the efects of bewitch and confusion, it only takes 1 skill point and can prove quite usefull on the correct scenarios, mainly instance dungeons. by quickly infecting a large group with any of the poisons bewitch can turn the tables if you are sudently surrounded since you can turn 3 monsters against the rest of the mob thats not only 3 monsters that stop atacking you but 3 that now help you while they die :smile:

Lastly on boss fights just because of wugushi poisons i take the aggro 90% of the time, and its not a exageration. in my rotation i make use of Ranger +20% atack buff (i havent tested if that actually rises poison damage) combined with zhendu to maximise the effect of needle and wugong and apply all of them at once to use my other ranger skills during the cooldown. since poisons spread i can use bewith to turn the minions against each other without any added afort and i can shoot while i kite pacefully away (since i can actually tank).

ABOUT STATS

While a bit contradictory my stats are not made for a wugushi, my focus is DEX with arround 2dex:1str and 35 con/spr and somehow it still turned quite well for me since i can evade a lot and that makes easyer for me to apply wugong gu and bewitch to bigger groups and kite the boss without being close enought to worry of AoE and making him face opposite to my party members.

ABOUT BOSS CARDS

About Boss cards for wugushi, the only 2 i know are usable are Earth Canceril and Manticen cards, since they are both insect type is safe to asume any other insect might work as well. regarding its efects its still a mystery.

There is a rumor about boss cards increasing the poison debuff rank, making them un healable by lower lvl cleric skills or detoxify, yet to be tested.

There is also de rumor that some cards are able to make poisons scale on dex, at least with canceril card this is false. With nothing more to add for the moment i leave on the hopes you people can join me in this investigation.

HIDDEN MECHANICS

-Poison Update: poison Dot is calculated everytime it ticks, this means that if you apply a buff that affects physycal damage or elemental damage the poison tick will scale acordingly. This applyes also to weapon change or weapon break.
-Knelling shot: allows dex to be counted as physical attack thus rising poison tick damage
-Steady Aim: increase Initial hit damage on poisons, does not affect DoT damage thouhg
-Elemental Damage: Benefits each tick of poison DoT so it increases overall damge by a lot.
-Fixed element: regardless of what kind of elemental damage you equip on your weapon wugushi´s skills will be considered as poison element and will have any resistance aplyed to them.
-Variable element: while any wugushi skill will have poison element benefits and penalties any non-poison elemental dmg will be added after such penalties and will be compared separetly i.e. if you equip karacha dagger you will first deal the poison dmg that comes from the skill and latter the fire dmg from the dagger

BOSS CARDS LOCATION (by Greyhiem)

Mothstem = lvl 160 dungeon
Manticen = lvl 200 dungeon, lvl 160 dungeon
Honeypin = Lvl 175 dungeon
Merge = Lvl 145 dungeon
Biteregina = Fedimian Mission gele plateau
Clymen = Fedimian Mission gele plateau, and Saalus Convent Royal Mausoleum Mission
Carapace = Fedimian Mission crystal mine
Reaverpede = Saalus Convent Canyon area mission
Denoptic = Saalus Convent Royal Mausoleum Mission
Canceril = Worldboss at Royal Mausoleum Constructor’s Chapel
Kimeleech = Saalus Convent Area of Ruins mission

BOSS CARDS EFFECTS By Highblaze

[/quote]