Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

If you are going STR fencer, how much DEX would you invest?
I have only 100 invested right now, I can’t feel a great difference

If you’re taking DEX for speed, I would say it depends on your ping, but maybe 200 DEX should suffice. Then, you take all the gear that you know you can and will get that gives bonus DEX and subtract that from 200. That should be how much DEX you need to invest.

Now, if you’re only taking for Block Penetration and also assuming you’re playing PVE only, you don’t need really need DEX, because you can get that with Yellow Gems on Gloves. The highest block, assuming monsters have block based on its CON only, is 190, so build around this number.

Of course, you will need some backup money and hardwork to get all that.

You can also do the reverse, put at least 150 DEX (or 200 to take the speed cap) and the lost points of STR from gear.

Hi Guys! Can you give me some help?

Im planning to PVE Crit DEX Fencer but im not sure about the classes. Im only lvl 225.

Is Sw3 Pel1 Barb1 Fencer3 Worth? Or should I stay with SW3 HL2 FENCER3?
Im taking Pel only for guardian, because im not using gung ho and guardian can give me some DEF and Eva (usefull compensation for using leather) it is worth it or the damage HL offer is better?

Stats 50 STR rest DEX is ok?

What about stats points on doppel to solmiki floors?

100 con 60 str rest dex? This doubt is ■■■■■■■ meh :frowning:

Since Doppel is getting to much meta now i want to try fencer.
Venier/Cata or Pajitoras rapier till 315?

Is it worth to make a pve/pvp fencer?
Something like Sw3>Pelt??>Corsair1>Fencer3.
Or other ideas?

Stat something like 2dex 1 str 1 con.

Sorry i have realy no idea about fencer even if i read the last Pages in this thread ^^

Hi, I’m looking at the popular builds at Ktos and this pops out to be 3rd:

Sw3 HL1 Barb1 Doppel3

Can anyone analyze what’s good on this build?

(I think it’s more of buff oriented build w/c imo is really good, no more need for multiple skills rotation - less silvers spent on attribute - semi future proof “lel not really applicable to IMC”. Note: I don’t own a dopp3 but I am wielding a dopp1 pirate).

Source: http://tos.nexon.com/rank/characterrank.aspx?n4Type=0&n4World=1

Venier is good for high STR builds.
Cataboms is not that good now, imo.
Pajoritas is ok.

I would say use what is at your disposal and aim for what you find is best to your build, be it a practonium rapier or solmiki.

It is more than worth to make a PVE fencer. PVP will be changing soon, but overall, it is possible, though not optimal.

From what I experienced, STR wins most of the time compared to DEX. Also high DEX is not that effective until you have some decent critical chance.

I got sissels and farmed the 170 leather set for this char.
The rest are Green gems in weapon and subweapon?

I chose to build a dex build for block pen and it seems evasion is worth it for pvp thats whyi chose pelt1 for more block+evasion.

Sadly one of my guildmates tell me cata rapier is better then venier now…

You have crosscut+Skyline as realy good filler.
I guess thats all?
I think Sw3 builds are the most futureproof doppel builds.

Hmm skyline doesn’t come until HL circle 2… But yeah, I think it’s mostly filler skills and the tasty HL1 2hand Attribute. So as barb1 attri for cleave.

Well, like I said, Venier is strong now for STR.

Cata might be good if you’re already criting. Considering your high DEX, it might add well.

But in the end, you will prefer practonium weapons/legendary. You said you want block penetration, have you seen Elga Rapier?

Yeah i like both the Elga and the blackhorn.
Its hard to chose one of them crit+atk vs block pen.
Have time to think about it when i reach 300+^^

I would say Black Horn is better, because Critical Rate is more rare than block penetration. Also because it is orange and all that.

Black horn also gives some DEX, which is block penetration in the end.

how good is elemental dmg now?
i mean, im trying to decide whether to use a lets say, a small crystaras or a critical rate dagger (migantis for ex) for my fencer.
26 c rate vs 200 elemental dmg

Okay, down to my last stat reset on my Fencer. I’d say 300ish dex boosts like 1-2k on crit skills from Sw3 and Hl2 but Str really grows with higher end fencer skills. Hmm, how much Str:Dex ratio do you guys have?

Cross guard works really well with punish EQ if you can be bothered to attempt to block. The bonus damage from stabbing a staggered enemy with punish’s initial hit counts towards EQ, so even non-staggered enemies will take more aoe damage.

Property attack is for multi hit increasing and for characters that are not building patk or have low %skillfactor.

Crystaras is for DEX builders, which activate more procs of its elemental damage by making more hits, be it with AA or multi hit skills.

But I would say that, if you want to crit, you should be focusing on crit gear. At least for your definitive set.

I have the minimum required for penetrating block on PVE, which is something like 100 + complement for gear. I think it is 155 total. Rest is STR.

Do we even have this ingame yet? Haven’t seen it in Varena AH yet.
I’d like to get one for collection purposes, since its ‘approved’ by our Fencer Master’s dad(?).

Yup, it’s kinda hard to farm even back then iirc so it’s kinda rare esp 2 slots

Same. Nyx really comes in handy with the attributea too. The only trouble I’ve had with block in pve was with shielded mobs, which are quite rare imo

How much did you spend on DEX? and what is your current armor gears ?