Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Which skills did you take up on HL? My old build was Peltasta Corsair and Im switching to HL C2 to try and see this new combos and sp savings hehe.

Go Sword1 HL3 Barb1 Doppel3. What does sword2 offer besides a few more seconds on pb?. I loved the pain barrier uptime with sword3 but with cyclone being terrible you need Highlander skills to make up for the gaps in the rotation.

Hl2> Max moulinet, skyliner, crown, and crosscut

Yup, especially Double Slash from Sw 3 (super cheap SP consumption and can deal 70k per overheat)

1 Like

Update Mission test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHdwsRxcAl8

Yesterday I think I tried doing Mole + Poata at the same time but I can’t seem to hit them at the same time so I opted out to solo them each so I can test different set of skills (still need practice though, I missed my crown for moulinet). Ugh, controllers need more slots.

2 Likes

I think you need minimum 6 aoe atk ratio to hit both boss together. I think you had 5 with that weapon if you’re not wearing phada or any other aar gear. Fencer skill got no aar too.

Yeah, I find it tedious and awkward to find that “in-between” too, oh well, so far I can budget my skills well enough I guess. If I get too ambitious and try to take them both at the same time, like getting 1 to 5% hp left and take the other down to the same hp so I can double kill, they just tear my glassy-ass hp down lol

I’ve tried SW3->HL2->F3 as the first thing and it seems like a winner to me. I kind of miss spamming attacks though… What sort of stat distribution are people running right now, I’ve invested enough to get Dex 200, put some 50-60 to Con and rest into strength. I do kind of notice animation skill increase.

@Feelstasta What’s your current Fencer skill distribution?

1 Like

Hi there, I am new to this topic.

I would like to ask for some inputs on Doppel C3.

What I have in mind so far is:
Option 1: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/y0ud7l0w1q/
(High DEX Build)

Option2: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/rciushba8y/
(High STR Build)

(I left doppel skills empty as I have no idea what would be ideal to take for rotations)

I would like to hear from you experienced doppels here, as my experience with swordsmen extends to just cataphracts.

Thanks!

Was originally a HL3-Barb1-Doppel3, decided to reset to barb3 to try it out and it feels better overall since there’s less time to spam HL3 skills once you hit doppel c3.

What’s the better rank 2, Sw2 or HL1?

dont go full dex as doppel!

Must have skills for doppel:

Zornhau 9-10
Dov 10+
redel 6*
zwerchhau 1
punish 1+
sturtzhau 5
cyclone 1+

didn´t test zucken after the patch untill now.

Keep in mint cyclone is awfull now and its only a filler now.
punish/sturtzhau are better aoe skills now!

hl c1 isnt worth it aslong you dont have a high critrate.

is it viable to go full dex for a fencer ? (like 350+ and more) or is it better to go like 200 dex, 50con and rest in str ?

Hi again Dopp3 peeps.

Today I got my last Practonium and I went to the Market to buy Portiums and the rest of 25x materials to make a Gale Slasher… to bad it (Portium) was so overpriced and I decided to check the 2H-Sword section instead and I found an unidentified Migantis Two-Handed Sword for only 1M. I appraised it and got 2 slots then upgraded it to +11 (with 2 slots) open, ended up at 0 potential though (was 9 before).

Since this item is now forever stuck with me, should I still get a Gale Slasher? Am I missing out on too much from the bonuses from Gale? I’m 42 CON invested with all the rest in STR:

Stats with Lv15 Gung Ho applied (+331 PATK), I also have Lv15 DoV but it doesn’t show up in the stat sheet so I don’t really know how much better I’d have it with a Prac-based weapon.

All this pretty much cost me less than 4M IIRC.

Edit:

Additional questions… do I have to level up the [Punish Enhance attribute] at all or is having the [Earthquake attribute] enough for it to do what it’s gonna do?

Also, Zucken vs Redel in a Lv6 vs Lv10 vs not get match. I’m following a build that took Lv10 Zucken and uses it after Crown or Zornhau (shock) for additional damage. Well I’m not so sure if it’s actually working though, all I know is that the attributes can still be learned-reset but I’ve been warned that this is a bug and I should be comfortable with Lv6+ -ing the skill to avoid issues in the future.

I just came from (investments) 100 dex the rest str based on the video. Now, I’m playing around with 300 dex total (200 inves) and the rest str. Not much damage diff, skills hit quicker (useful for moving enemies) and Double Slash can 100-110k per overheat with mole (I still need 3 max moles). I think I’ll be sticking with this distribution

Bump. Basically i am on the same situation.

1 Like

Imo HG 315 weapon is valid replacement for purple practo. I have settled 3 of my alt with hg rapier, rod and sword with lvl2 transcendence and lvl5-6 red gem.

In case I can upgrade them to orange practo(which wont be near), it won’t be much loss losing the weapon and 1 level of gem for 90% shards returned.

@DiMeowgio I think you should compare with HG 315 first before you invest futher on that weapon. HG 315 blue does have less stat but +1 aoe atk ratio is still some advantage over purple practo.

1 Like

The HG 315 (blue variant) has roughly 200 (give or take) more attack (same bonus stats though). In Varena, I haven’t seen the purple version of the 315 2H-Sword… yet. I guess I’ll use it as a temp weapon for now. Not really fond of 2 slots to be honest. I bore those slots just in case it might turn out good >.<

Thanks though~

If i was you, with that weapon, i’d farm Sarkmis. Leafnuts are much easier to kill than on my time when they had 450k hp… so getting 63 tails should not be that hard. I have both Gale slasher at +11( Which i farmed Sarkmis materials with) and Sarkmis at +16. Sarkmis is just better. AoEar, extra ele prop damage, 3 sockets, more base physical attack and better enhancement.

Yep, I kinda figured Sarkmis would still be top dog. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just gonna use this as a temp-weap and skip Gale altogether, although I wonder if I get my hands on the Purple 315 2-HSword and if it has (hypothetically) 4 slots, could that possibly beat Sarkmis?

I’ve got 168 invested at the moment so not too far away from what you have.

I’ve been running missions and just questing and so far I haven’t really been using Composee att all or at least as a last prioriy skill. It’s too expensive, it’s essentially just a double slash at level 7 in terms of damage, doesn’t have a bleeding damage bonus. I’ll probably keep it at level 5 if that.

I would like to ask you a question.

Do Gung-ho apply to extra lines of damage? i.e. sacrament

Thanks!