Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

lmao, from the fireball damage or the giant swing (the one dmg on collision)?

I used to use that on fireballs to find hidden scouts haha

from the impact rofl cant really get close when everyone is playing TD mode

Just for info, has anyone even seen a black horn recipe (or crafted black horn) ingame yet?

I think there are 3ish in Klai from what I’ve heard. I’ve got the first one in Orsha

Wow, nice dps. What weapon are you using? =)

Yup, I’m not super stressed when clearing fields now. The new rapier; Blackhorn

Yeah, I think I’ll settle for Sw3>Hl2>Fencer 3 for PvE now

Just wanna post this in case some new or returning players want to pursue Fencer class and feel daunted by it—it’s possible with a little time and patience to make a good Fencer.

Background: I came back to ToS just 2 months ago with no money esp due to inflation and sporting a Venier + Legwyn set (I think I parked well though), lost and struggling like Bambi walking on ice. With the help of people from Orsha and patience, I was able to stand on my legs and slowly improve my build.

Stats right now:

290 boss test

Can cap with a lucky crit with au fer (still need glassmoles)

Definitely a lot of better Fencers out there esp like Sensate, but I think my level right now is realistic and achievable to anyone returning or trying the game for the first time.

Fencer is definitely harder than before, and it still sucks at AoE, but it’s definitely not dead.

1 Like

85-90 on most fencer skills except balestra au fer, coquille (all 50). 85 on skyliner then lv 80 on other highlander skills. . Mostly fencer is about rotation really now more than having super high attributes… Popping glassmoles at the right time, debating when to use certain nukes, positioning, using other pots, etc. Cant do compo>compo>x million times anymore. It’s a steep learning curve… Probably will take me weeks personally.

I see, I see. Thanks for the info, yeah I totally agree, I use mostly HL skills while farming now for that sweet sweet SP-savings. So weapon alone and 50 attri on balestra gives you 555k? Or do you pop moles for it?

That’s true, it’s fun though, the feeling that the longer you grinds the better you get at playing your character. I personally have little problem transitioning since I didn’t do the meta fencer last time (my voucher was expired when I got back rip) so being a Sw>Barb>Fencer was basically internal debates while farming (oooh, 2 mobs…Flash for that, oooh 4 mobs, that’s prepa>sept) lol.

I’m still trying to learn the range of HL skills with double slash esp in maps where mobs don’t clump so well…but then again, it’s not hard anymore to just kill what’s nearby and turn to finish the rest.

I’m enjoying it so far though.

I always pop my glassmoles with my bursts. It’s a very huge boost. I’m still learning my damage and the mob hp. I did a 290 full earlier on my third run clocked out in 6 min 43 secs. Still gotta pay attention to minor details. Got few silly mistakes.

1 Like

Nice! If you upload a video of a full run, let me know! I’m still learning myself.

Here you go… you can skip most of the boring dpk farm afterwards.

So Far i have tried Sw2-High3-Doppel3, and seems ok. Now i’m trying sw2-high2-barb1-doppel3. Seems that cleave improve all the doppel’s damage, but when it goes on cd, the high2 spells does definetly less damage than high3 version… i don’t know what to do: high3 or high2-barb1?

i’m wondering what about venier? she’s will usefull until what lv? and can someone give me orientation wich skill to up? i’m kind new at fencer ‘-’

Venier will take you all the way to 330 until you can get something better (or a 315 Hunting Grounds weapon).

Just make sure to enhance it if you can spare the money (or if you feel like farming is getting hard).

Orientation? You mean the skill cycle used to farm? Right now, you should use Double Slash from Swordsman circle and Highlander skills for cheaper SP cost.

1 Like

thnx for helping ! gonna give it a try

what about stats??

Did you do Sw2>Pelt1>HL2>Fencer3?

I’m super reluctant to let go of Sw3 for double slash though but I think that provoke is needed when soloing dungeon.

How much points did you distribute to Con?

Also, did you say 6 min 43 secs on a full run?

Let’s talk about concentrate on Sword 3 builds.

Concentrate can reach some serious numbers (compared to before) at lv 15+, but it still has the same problems, falls hard when you start to really invest on damage, only gets multiplied by Epee (and only a 50% instead of the good and old 140%, plus, epee is not a over 90% proc chance thanks to the new CR formulas).

It definitely helps leveling earlier but I’m willing to kill it from my build forever in favor of Gung Ho and pain barrier.

Gung Ho can easily reach the ~300 atk now and well, Gung Ho gets amplified by all skill mods, attributes, crits, armor type and etc. But there’s one thing to consider for Concentrate: you can use it while Guardian is up.
Any thoughts on this topic?

Pelt>Highlander3. Don’t think SW2 is worth nor is SW3 Double Slash. Too much skills will you just end up forgetting some of your fencer/highlander skills. However, I’ll probably switch back to SW3 later on for max pain barrier + gungho.

Good point. I tried running 290 right now for semi (too sleepy to full) and I cleared first room within 6 minutes. All I can say is, archers are a bi tch because they don’t clump together. Yeah, I think some con for me would be nice too.

1 Like