Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

How do you measure it? Some say that the soft cap is actually 180.

I’ve actually seen a difference when I put in 250 dex at least for skills to the point I can kinda spam 2 attack speed based skills at the same time. I’ve been doing 50 increments these past few days and I can see a difference. Gonna try again later since I’ve gotten black horn for more dex. So far i can almost fit all OH of skyliner and flacconade within 4 sec of lunge debuff (always hit 1 overhear left on skyliner or flacconade left)

Ive tested the attack speed myself

By adding dex at points (100/150/180/200/250/max) one at a time and cast my skills. I can tell especially au fer and sept that the cast animation is much more quicker. I cant see any differ with composee/flan since i have 150-300ms most of the time lol.

Now Im testing the attack speed gain from frenzy barb c3. Seems the same as having 200 dex if u go full str but still on testing.

1 Like

Gonna post my tests here for today.

Update: 290 solo

Tried out Sw3>HL2>Fencer 3 with 100 dex and 330 Str total.

Skills used from most to least (rough estimate): Double Slash, Skyliner, Moulinet, Crosscut, Coquille, Flash, Sept, Balestra, Au fer.

Gear: Nyx set with yellow and blue gems, Venier with red gems, Pajoritas dagger with green gems, max peta, sissel and phada

Attributes: 50 at Balestra, Au fer, and Sept. The rest I dumped on Swordsman skills esp Double Slash.

Went to 290 solo. Is it possible? Yes. Is it efficient? Hell no.

Pros: The damage is good, boss is no problem, lots of skills to cycle and pluck out mobs 2-4 at a time (the max aoe of Fencers)

Cons: Holy ■■■■ pots! Did a semi rush (no mage rooms and the last archer room in the middle) I used up around 50 hp and 30 sp pots, in Orsha that’s worth almost 100k. Silver Farmed 188k including boss. Very slow.

Update 2: DPK farming

13 mins test, kills

Silver farmed: 45k~ so around 3.5k raw silver per minute

Approach I took: Mana saver, meaning I mostly used SW3 and HL 2 skills, ended up using only around 5 sp pots.

Pros: Fast kills (around 8 mobs/min which is almost the same speed I farmed Lyonis) = bigger chances for you to get dpk if map is shared.

Fast rotation, skills are always up when you need them so assuming you don’t care about silver efficiency, you can sweep a lot faster.

Cons: Still can’t group up mobs (maybe because it’s Pystis). Not really using Fencer skills to save mana…so the stats for this run can be made by any Sw3>HL2>XX since there isn’t really much synergy between Fencer and the preceding classes (Epee and prepa buffs pierce only, and SW and HL skills are slash).

1 Like

I tested Fencer today… Have any lower rank that give some AoE?

barb c2 seism if u want aoe. Thou if you are going barb best to go to barb c3

Bonfires ftw, but yeah silver farming is bit less efficient now since you gotta chug down those drugs for every wave of mobs you face.

Actually, it’s not bad if you farm mobs less than 100k hp since HL and SW skills are pretty SP-efficient. It’s the dungeons you gotta watch out for >.>

But, but my Pain Barrier 15…

I will try then.

best thing about this was the free pistol attribute for corsair c1. I think imc fixed this already but I still have it, kek. No one expect the restrain chain coming from a pistol fencer and manamana is a decent stat stick (aoe ratio, speed, crit rate).

Fencer’s damage is GOOD, but not GOOD enough to justify the SP cost and the lack of aoe for PVE. I don’t know, I think imc should rework epee for something else that is not just a rng ■■■■. Maybe remove the damage boost and add a super strong FINAL crit chance, aoe ratio (ok, this is just finestra 2.0…) or something more creative, rework Esquiver Toucher, Preparation’s block, give us more effective counter mechanics and etc, something to justify this class being not just a “ok single target dps trashy at aoe”. I think IMC did right by reworking the skills cooldown and making class mixing important (no more just epee pierce composee forever), but Fencer is lacking an extra touch from Mr. Kim to make the class more unique. And the pistol attribute legit.

Skill spreading: how are you guys doing it? I’m using this one currently.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#111138eee…1a21374561718595a5b5

4 Likes

Currently using this one as well. I love it.

Re-testing crossguard this patch. Nope, still doesn’t let me get through the cap damage.

1 Like

What gives those 2 line of damage btw? I don’t think I can remember Balestra’s damage being split to 2 lines…or I just didn’t notice.

Also, how much crit rate do you have right now for it to pop up often? What’s the trans and enhancement level on your Black horn?

It’s the cross guard effect. If you add those 2 numbers from 1 balestra , it will be 555555. Thus, 2 balestra is a little bit over 1m damage. My crit rate is 615 I believe. I’m only using 3 leather piece atm, Trans 9 +11 BH. Not worth to trans 10 when I can get a decent trans on my alts.

That’s true. You think I can reach cap with a trans 5 alone? Oh also, what’s your attributes like?

Still trying to improve my weapon, but farming mobs is easier now with HL3 and Double Slash.

1 Like

http://imgur.com/lHOhCsk

Currently practicing giant swing cause this ■■■■ is the bomb lul

2 Likes

Giant swing in pvp when?

Yo i did that by using it on the enemy fireball, one of them died lol

Lmao that looks fun.