Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Stupid question…Is it worth to invest on glass mole for a fencer?Their physical attack seems low compared to a doppel or dragoon so I thought about invest on nuaeles or nuaeles and ellaganos on mine .-.

I started to change my Ellaganos to Glass Moles for my Fencer - while it is not a big dmg increase i still deal about 25%-30% more dmg with the Glass Moles.

For a Fencer every tiny bit of PAtk does matter!

Take into account that i use my Fencer atm mostly for Solmiki Runs and we have a Krivis there.

Also with Full Dex in stat points u´ll have about 950+ Crit Rate after Monstrance and Quicken (+25% Crit Rate with attribute) - I use Phadas so i dont have the additional 72 Crit Rate Sissel offers -> if u have those aswell u should be fine with Crit Rate.

After changing i´ve to say - i wont regret it!

The calculation is somewhat incorrect. U only use Skills so u have ur enhance attribute and Rapier Mastery:Aggression aswell.
In my case: 95%Attaque Composee +15% Aggression
202 CAtk
Cloth Type: 202 CAtk * (1+0.95+0.15) * (1+1,4) * (0,5) = 509 Dmg increase on every hit Composee
Plate Type: 202 CAtk * (1+0.95+0.15) * (1+1,4) * (1) = 1018 Dmg increase on every hit Composee
Plate Type: 202 CAtk * (1+0.95+0.15) * (1+1,4) * (1,5) = 1527 Dmg increase on every hit Composee

Now Venier Prop Atk: (Dont forget most monsters deal additional Holy Dmg (2))
286 Holy Porp Atk
Cloth Type (286
2) * (1+0.95+0.15) * (1+1,4) * (0,5) = 1441 Dmg increase on every hit Composee
Plate Type (2862) * (1+0.95+0.15) * (1+1,4) * (1) = 2882 Dmg increase on every hit Composee
Leather Type (286
2) * (1+0.95+0.15) * (1+1,4) * (1) = 4324 Dmg increase on every hit Composee
Divide the dmg by 2 if u face an enemy which isnt weak to Holy (basicly more than half of monster are weak to it)
Only ur own multipliers are taken into account here -> in Grp play Divine Might (Epee Garde is now 2,6 multiplier), Serpentine, Spear Lunge and so on are missing in this calculation - the dmg increase would be even higher.

Dont forget that every point of Ele prop attack gets mutliplied by Epee Garde/Enhance/Armor Type/etc. aswell (The same way Crit Attack does get multiplied).
Taking that into account Venier is better than Cata Rapier. (venier has 286 Holy Prop while Cata has 202 CAtk)

Thats why u should focus on Yellow Gems in the weapon and Red Gems in ur offhand, tbh. -> The dmg increase is huge.

For Fencers the most important thing is the Enhance Attribute -> max it asap The increase is worth it.

Welp,venier is my destiny it seems.I’ll have blessed shards to sell instea dof using for myself and be able to upgrade my atributes at least XD

So,would glass mole be good to use with preparation combo?I’m still a bit skepitical about my mdef :stuck_out_tongue: I’m planning to make a shade graves and I have a lionhead shield for when the fight get ugly so,maybe,I don’t need a nuaele I guess.Just kinda scary 'cause my ex-main has 7 nuaele,I have no idea how much the mobs hits with lower mdef XD

I never had any MDef Cards, and did fine questing there - Thats it with Restrain and Dust Devil, Hook and overwhelming enemies before they can retaliate.

Also in a grp u are the carry in Dmg cuz of those multipliers - abuse them and neglect Def, thats what i´m doing.

Sure Glass Mole with preperation is crazy amounts of dmg - my Sept hits almost 100k per hit

So I guess I don’t need to worry then.
My build is pretty much equal yours though I picked concentration so I can use a damage buff with guardian.The rest seems equal.The fencer part I based on yours since it seemed the most interesting to me.
I guess I’m safe on most stuff.Thanks for all replies everyone,Silute got a new fencer!

anybody have tried an full STR doppel like McLaughlin? i want to know how effective are the build ‘-’

How much is an aoe attack headgear on your servers?

@Sera1003 hi Sera not sure if you posted it already, what is your armor set during your solmiki runs??

Non Boss Floors:
Vubbe Gauntlets, Virtov Leather Top/Pants and Boots

Boss Floors:
Full Virtov Leather

Dunno, never seen one in the last weeks - but Fedimian is an empty Server.
I did got one as a present, and the others very fairly cheap (I have them a long time now)

I think you’ve answered this too already but would like to clarify why you go for Virtov? is it more of the additional dmg? or is it because it is much cheaper? Can you elaborate more what is the pros of using virtov?

Someone shouted (the headgear) on our server for 9m lul, i guess it’s OP.

Well Virtov is still the only armor in this game which yields some additional Dmg. Also Virtov has 2 Sockets in Chest and Pants.

In a endgame Grp u´ll have enough Crit Rate so i dont have any need for Lolopanther Set Pieces -> Well i wouldnt say no to them, but i dont own Lolo parts.
(If i would have Lolo Parts i would wear Chest and Pants and combine this with Virtov Boots and Vubbe GLoves (AoE) Virtov Gloves (Usual bossing))

Virtov gives u +12 Ice prop atk (2 parts) and +26 ice prop atk (3 parts) as set Bonus.
Boots are 64 Crit Atk and Golves is 19 PAtk.
Resulting in 38 Ice Prop Atk, 64 Crit Atk and 19 PAtk.

Dont forget that this stats scale pretty highly on a Fencer.
(Not factoring in any other dmg buffs and on monster neither weak nor strong to Ice Prop Atk)
[19 * 1,5 + (38 + 64)] * (1+0,95+0,15) * (1+1,4) = 657 Dmg (for 1 hit Attaque Composee)
[PAtk * Crit + (Ice Prop Atk + CAtk)] * (1 + Enhance + Rapier Mastery) * (1 + Epee Garde)

As u can see this dmg is very huge in the long run, and thats why i went for Virtov, at least until i get Solmiki :>

Hope this was understandable.

Currently - except for Solmiki there is no alternativ for going Full Dmg.
(And on Solmiki-Set im working :>)

Since u can reach the PDef threshold easily with Yellow Gems in armor, i dont think its that important going for Def in armors. MDef is something completly different, but wearing Wind Runners is a good way to cover MDef.

I was very lucky with my AoE Ratio Headgears.
Bought 1 which had +1AoE, 66 Holy Prop Atk and 66 MAmp for 750k (long time ago, tho) Headgear 2
Bought Slot 3 for 5 or 6 millions (only +1 AoE Ratio)
Slot 1 was a present (Thx Sciguma in that regard)

The build is bad (trash) and the Pelta choice also (for dps) and it just works because of a bugabuse which already got fixed on kTOS.

Or in numbers:
The moment a weapon gives you

1.5 x (pAtk + sAtk) > pAtk + sAtk + 1.3 x Str
=> 0.5 x pAtk + 0.5 x skill base damage > 1.3 x Str
=> pAtk > 2.6 x Str - skill base damage,

which doesn’t take too long with transcend, DEX which means Crit is stronger than Str.

Now we take full Str which gives you 843 Str and Cyclone that has 1867 base damage then Dex is superior the moment your weapon reaches

pAtk > 2.6 x 843 - 1867 = 324,8.

Quite easy if you ask me.

Today first run with 8 Glass Moles Card in Solmiki - I still crit 100% (With Quicken and Monstrance)

My dmg went up to 70-80k on Leather Types
35-40k on Plate Types
For each hit Attaque Composee
Aoe Ratio 11

I must say i wont regret going 8 Glass Moles :>

That’s insane dmg. What is your + for your venier? Are you using them with 7star yellow gems? Transcend level?

My Venier is +9. I have 2 lvl 7 Yellow in my Main Hand. No Transcend on Venier.
I gave all my shards to my guild mates -> I´ll get them back as soon as i manage to get my hands on Lolo Rapier, also they´ll trade their Solmiki parts for mine instead that i can get my set faster

To make a little example:

• Im about 1400 PAtk
  • 658 Dmg from Attaque Composee
  • about 2100 CAtk
  • And 1400 Ele Prop Atk (~600 Enchant Lightning, ~400 Holy, ~ 400 Fire)

So now i throw everything into the calculation
(Epee Garde gets now a 2,6 multiplier cuz of Divine Might)

Rough Calculation:

1400 * 1,8 (Glass Moles) = 2520 PAtk

2520 + 658 (PAtk + SAtk) = 3178

3178 * 1,5 (Crit) = 4767

4767 + 2100 (CAtk) = 6867

Now it gets a little complicated -> Ele Prop Atks are in high value cuz of elemental weaknes.
Enemies tend to be Water Type in Solmiki and will get additional 100% Lighnting prop Atk and additional 50% Fire prop Atk

6867 + 400 Holy + 400 Fire * 1,5 (Ele weaknes) + 600 Lighning * 2 (ele weakness) = 9067 Atk

So 9067 is ur effective attack value - this gets mutiplied by ur factors

9067 * 2,1 (95% Enhance on Attaque Composee, 15% Rapier Mastery) = 19040

19040 * 2,6 (Epee Garde with Divine Might) = 49505

49505 * 1,5 (Leather Type) = 74258 Dmg

I split up the calculation a bit that its easier to understand.
Values of PAtk, CAtk, Ele Atk can change +/- 20 (Im currently not at home and can´t calculate with the exact numbers)

I hope that gave u some insight.

Also i have to correct my former post - Dmg on Cloth Types should be about 25-30k (On plate type Dmg is about 45-50k)

I didnt factor in some Buffs like Stormcalling and the Cryomancer Lighning on Frozen Targets Attribute.

get barb1 instead of pelt

lunge cleave flanconnade

Is there any addon that changes my equipment?
It’s kinda hard to change my equipment before bossing…

Edit:Forgot to ask,highlander’s atribute for two handed and epee garde increases the critical damage orfinal damage when you critic?

Highlander’s just increase your character’s critical attack value when using a two handed sword (you can check it at your character stats window iirc).

Epee Garde multiplies everything when you land a crit (yellow number), including elemental damage, concentrate AND blessing!

Heard this is the thread to ask this so here I go …

I’m planning a Doppel build around HL3-Barb1, and heard rumors (not sure if old or new) that to fully maximize damage on Doppel, one will need to use skill resets eventually to use some attributes that requires some skill points in. Is this rumor true? If so, is it an intended thing or a bug that’s soon to be fixed?

Might as well ask too, but any skill build I can refer to for a Sw1 > HL3 > Barb1 > Doppel3 build?

Hmm, most of your questions are actually written in the guide itself, I don’t update it anymore but since we are not getting any real /updates/ atm it’s still up to date:

to sum it up:

yes, you need skill reset to maximize doppel’s potential, and no it’s not intended and do it at your own risk

skill build:

on the guide

1 Like