Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

are u kidding ? use use this skill more often

In prolonged fight - and for this i mean - Demon World Bosses/ET u cant have full uptime on Composee when u skill it higher than 1 (3 with Venier) while spamming lv15 condensed SP Pots.

Also it doesnt make that much of a difference lvling it higher. (we are talking here about 600 Skill Dmg - but u cant spam that skill than anymore…)

I used 2 Skill Resets on my Fencer…because i wanted to try out a higher llvl of composee - and in my opinion its not worth it.

If i would have a Krivis by my side 100% the time i play this game, than i would skill it to 10 immediatly - keep in mind my Fencer is my main character and i do everything on this character even some long time solo grinding if i want to.

question about high3 dopp:
is cartar stroke worth maxing?
or should i dump the rest of the points into moulinet OR vertical strike OR corss guard? :S

high3 is a spammer and you will find yourself having a lot of usable skills on doppel 3 so you would want to unleash cartar stroke asap instead of charging it

vertical slash is a 1 hit skill so you may only want one point on it (before the HL changes maxing it was okay because there aren’t many choices)

cross guard, no comment.

thanks for your reply, maybe i’ll just put all in moulinet

Also a question for fencers:

I have most of the important skills maxed (epee gardee, balestra, lunge)

should I max Sept , Composee or Coquille?

Imo maxing Coquille is very good, cuz u dont need to use it that often and can go on spamming other skills, instead to apply the armor break (Which is very very important) all the time.

For other skills:
maxing Sept is not that good, cut the amount of Skill Atk u get for each point is very low.
maxing Composee is different for every player - keep in mind its ur main DPS Skill, but since it has 0 CD u´ll spam it a lot, if u can afford to use on every occasion lv15 Sp Pots and Keistas Pots (cuz only than can u upkeep the skill 100%) than go ahead - For myself i leave Composee at 1

1 Like

thank you for your insightful reply!

I was thinking of maxing coquille too cos I can just focus on damaging more rather than debuffing

I decided to change my build to fencer 3 instead of corsair 3 and so I got a question about venier.

If I use epee garde with venier and then switch to another rapier,will my buff effect be of a lv 7 epee garde or will it change to lv 5?

I’m asking it because running shoot get its level reduced but its duration doesn’t changing when a QS buffs themself with a grand cross and switch to another weapon.

Good choice, welcome to the club lol.

Thanks XD
I’m surprised how much I’m enjoying the build and,as said in other topics,corsair 1 has pretty much everything I want from corsair and pelt is awesome for me!
Go,go,fencer build!

Asked the same question a few hundred (or thousand) posts back.

Thanks but I don’t get how venier beats the other rapiers.
Would catacombs rapier be better because of the critical bonus?I would get an extra of 140% out of that bonus,it seems to beat with all skills excluding balestra and flash.

I believe you lose out your damage. I’ve tested it just now (Venier vs. Spada comparison). No debuffs applied and tested vs. Cloth monster. Composee attribute @ level 70. +10 Venier with level 1 trans and 2 green gems, No enhancement, gems and trans for Spada.

W/ Venier - 7120 damage

W/ Spada - 5887 damage

Yes but catacombs have 202 of critical attack.With epee garde lv 7,it reachs 484.Wouldn’t it be a better bonus than venier itself?

You didn’t seem to understand my reply. Even when you buff yourself with Epee while equipped with Venier, you will lose out the +2 skill it grants on Epee the moment you switch yourself to another rapier. Your Epee buff goes down to 100%.

This is the main dilemma of Fencers, not having +2 skill weapon, you lose out quite an amount of damage because 140%>100%. A measly 484 flat damage won’t cover up the damage loss of not having 40% additional crit damage.

Here is a comparison of the two weapons, My Spada has higher patk than Venier but Venier still outdamages it when I tested it. Why? Because as I said the moment you switch your weapons you lose the additional 40% from Epee. Which is why Venier will still be the best weapon for Fencers (not unless you can craft Lolo/Solmiki Rapier)

That’s what I wanted to know,I thought you didn’t lose the 40% bonus.If you lose it,venier will be superior.

You don’t lose out the 40% when you switch. This has been tested since October.

I just noticed,with venier,it’s +160 with compose…I guess it’s better to switch venier with another rapier if the “other rapier” is transcended then since it will have an higher attack :stuck_out_tongue: Am I right?

Yes and no in the long run. Yes, fencer 2 skills will be noticeable stronger once you do trans 4 comparison, but your balestra and flash will suffer minor damage.