Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

^ +20 charshue to this. Definitely the same logic XD i only have 1 practo charcter (got total of 8+ chars) lul.

Now I’m going with the same build, build instead of Fencer or Doppel, I’m thinking about Doppel or Shinobi.

BTW, You can get Fencer 1 and use rapier for the debuffs and switch back to another weapon.

@Artreides
I try. But it’s kinda hard when we see or characters behind everyone else.

But I’ll keep trying.

Also, IMC is trying to buff Corsair, so maybe it will be good someday. #IwantToBelieve

They just buffed sair by making the pillage passive and adding sair3 missile +dmg attribute, nothing with significance to tweak on the current skill set maybe hexxen or an additional attribute. What is your build btw? I went for corsair1-fencer3 XD after consulting some players.

They said that they would keep an eye on corsair, so maybe they bring something else.

I also have a Corsair 1> Fencer 2 (still 225), but I got tired of it (Composee all day) and went to try something else.

The one I’m leveling now is probably going to be Sw3> Pelta1> Corsair3>???

i have sw3-pelt1-cors2-shino , i don’t think want to play this build anymore because damage is to low , r8 mobs def is high without armor break and high power skill you cannot survive

yep I was planning to build pelt3cors3>doppel/fencer but you still need dmg on hghlevl maps enjoy farming . You need to burst be mob once your done attempting to pillage lol.

@regis_hirune

I know, that’s why I said

It’s sad that we have all these classes and combinations that we can do but we actually cannot since it will punish us really bad. tbh, I’m itching to try Corsair3 with Pirates of the Caribbean announcing a new movie and all. But Corsairs if truth be told is such a mess as a class. It gets 1 party buff (Jolly Roger), 1 disable (Hook), 1 debuff (kind of with Keel Hauling bleeding), 1 slash skill (Dust Devil), 1 pierce skill (Hexen Dropper), 1 missile skill (Pistol Shot), 1 self buff (DWA) and I won’t mention the other one since it is a piece of shiet.

It really doesn’t specialize in anything (for Farming yes but so is Doppel which is a slash specialized class) which what makes it really hard to build around. I hope it can turn into our own AA class like Archer’s QS. DWA just needs a revamp (remove stamina consumption and add a damage modifier)

Hmm i have a Sw3-Pelt-Sair1-Fencer 3 and my fun/farming build Sw-Pelt-Hop3-Sair3-Shinobi.

All i can say is, that i think that Corsair isnt all that bad as ppl make it to believe - it still has a ways to go, but i belive that the buff on Pistol Shot with Splash Dmg for it will be great (I can hit 15k per shot, so imagine a whole mob Grp of 10+) Also dont forget the +45% Missile Dmg with Fever Rate.

Also Pillaging with lvl 15 Jolly Rogers is normaly after 2-3 hits, and u can only pillage once per enemy. (To clarify something -> YES u can pillage High DPK materials for the orange weapons. In our guild farming grp with a Thauma Linker, and myself as a Corsair 3 we got once 5 Kugheri lyoni Horns in 1 hour, we only killed about 600 Kugheri Lyonis)

Dont get me wrong, i still think Corsair is far from good, its just not as bad as ppl say it is.

For instance what gear do u use on ur Corsair? I have 3 good headgears all with PAtk(110+) and CAtk(140+) also i use Pygry Spear with 2 lvl 7 yellow gems in combination with a high upped manamana with a lvl 7 Red Gem.
I might be farming for my Aspana Revolver, since i dont have any use for Practoniums on my Fencer…not sure yet.

Swordman was and will ever be a class which only deals dmg when u invest into them. Doppels, Fencer have so crazy multipliers that they deal tremendous dmg (Maybe thats the reason Fencer didn´t got a 330 weapon…With a 3k+ Atk Weapon my dmg would cap with everything easily)

Im Full Dex, and buffed my PAtk reaches 2,5k on this character. So with 75+ Attributes in Hexen and Kunai i can easily solo farm on high lvl maps (If they are leather type) -> The amount of dmg a full Bunshin Combo with Kunais on a Mob, suffering under Spear Lunge, deals is ridiculous. (I helped farming materials for a Skull Smashe, there are those 500k+ HP mobs leather type
Bunshin -> Pain Barrier -> Taunt -> Wait until mobs arrive -> Kunai, Kunai, and thats it -> 10 Mobs dead.

And dont forget that this game is also about party play. I can only give u the advise to search a Miko->Inquisitor those two classes buff everything a corsair-shinobi needs. High multihit Skills with malleus and Kagura Dance. While Rushing 290 Dungeon i can oneshot the Lavenzard with Bunshin->Kunai under the effects of Kagura and Malleus.
(Dont forget this boss is ghost type - so there is a 0,5 multiplier in this calculation)

@Lostac hi man, i’m building my doppel and went to go full STR or mostly it, what gems i should invest in to it to make the build worth? 102 invested points in STR atm and 50 in DEX

Are you continuing to go full str from this point onwards?

If yes, I strongly recommend going crit rate on everything.

exception maybe on cards, you can use either moles or ella, moles are highly recommended if you have krivis friends. I went with ellas personally.

high str or high dex doppels are fine, it’s just that dex doppels currently have more edge due to game mechanics such as high base damage and weapon transcendence

also sorry to everyone if I wasn’t replying, I’ll still drop by maybe once a day to reply if no one else does

update

just got around 208 on full-con-yolo build
this char is currently sw3-cata1-hop1-dop1 (dop 2 and 3 next)
the damage is impressive tho (with DoV indeed), especially M L mob and boss.

now I’ve got
315sacmet - flat leather dmg
170catacombs blade - flat plate dmg
170maga spear - flat M dmg
170brandish - flat L dmg
(not gonna invest for orange spears… not yet…)

the problem is S size mobs with cloth heh ?
since we cannot find uh… some cloth dmg weapon …
maybe the next big patch comes with pensara and stuff like that !

Not sure if what you said it’s for me but since I’m going corsair 3,I thought I should answer.
At the moment,I’m level 100 sword 3 - pelt and I’m using my trusty five hammer.Once I reach rank 8,I plan to change to a catacombs rapier since +2 levels on fenver’s skills doesn’t seem so usefull for a fencer c1.I’m also planning to stat AAR hats and use vubbe figther so I can have some kind of group cc with restrain using durandal to buff.

As you said,it requires some investimens and that’s the scary part for me.I used most of my silver on my Taoist and I’m still recovering from it,I’m at 18kk at the moment but I have no incoming besides rush 290 and saalus.This build is supposed to be helpfull to get some kind of incoming as materials to sell and silver drops from the flag.Also,I’m enjoying the build so far and I want to invest on good gear for it.I usually invest on the Toons I like,reason why my Sadhu is still a SADhu.

I’m still playing since swordman is a new territory to me though :smiley:

Gotta do my sword homework

Not the focus of the topic, but what do you think about Sw3>Pelt3>Shinobi>Murmillo?

Hi @Sera1003 have you tried farming your Sair1-fencer3 at the highlevel maps too? i’m building a pelt3-sair1-fencer3 at the moment… Hows the pillage proc?

Hop3-sair3 was once one of my option before going sair1-fencer3, good to know that he is doing fairly well at pillaging.

I wanna do solo most of the time that’s why i went defencer (pelt) lol XD.

I was once a shinobi hop sair until R8 came and broke the corsair path lul XD.

Btw that’s rank 9 path? Did you missed anything? or you went just full hop2?

Well im Hop2, sorry i messed up :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure about Rank 9, still looking forward to new classes, but if nothing special will come im going for Corsair 2 on my Fencer, and my Corsair3 Shinobi will be Fencer C1 if nothing else comes up.

Well farming as Fencer is straight forward, it works pretty well. Dmg is very high and u have a lot of CC with Restrain 11 (I have a gem in my Vubbe) and Hook and Dust Devil from Corsair.
Pillaging also proccs often, cuz u spam Attaque Composee all the time (Double Hit and large Hitbox -> I love that skill <3)

Well catacombs rapier is a pretty good choice, i use it often in ET in stages when there´s no need to rush dmg and the additional AoE Ratio comes in handy.
Also as u said Fencer Skills +2 is only realy important when u go for Fencer C3, as C2 its also pretty good but not that important.
C3 is were u want every Skill Point :stuck_out_tongue:
I can only advise to go for 3 headgears with AoE Ratio is pretty important - even more when u fight with a rapier!
Also investment is the sad life of Swords.

I can only give every Swordman 2 advices:
-> Make ur own Squire (Bufffood with 3 AoE Ratio) and Repair or Maintenance (Maintenance on Venier is very much dmg) also repair as Fencer is important
-> Make an Alchemist (ToS is that game where swordmans drink more SP Potions than mage classes…) and u can get some money out of it

This is what i have done and im doing pretty fine i guess.

@Sera1003 so to summarize your cors1-fencer3 for solo and you are using cors3-shinobi for solo too and mostly w/ party.

I strongly agree on making a squire, currently my squire is on a separate account and it really helps a lot especially on warping during low level quest lul. I am currently creating a squire on my same account too becoz of the lovely bonus from camp and table foods :smiley: (note that if you also have pardoner in the area the pardo buffs timer , while you have camp buff, can go up to 200mins ez).

Both character perform pretty good solo and in Grps.

Well Fencer C3 is my main Character - running ET and everything else on that one. I use this character atm mostly in Grps cuz i dont have that much time atm.
Our guild is very small and we have one main Grp -> So i only play with the same persons every day
Corsair3-Shinobi is mostly for Fun and for grinding materials.

Both are lvl 330 and both have all important attributes at least 75+, while my Fencer has Attaque Composee 90. Statted full Dex -> currently running 8 Ellaganos, but thinking about switching to Glass Moles if i ever get my hands on Lolo (dreams of Solmiki…) Rapier - which isnt that far anymore probably.

An ET fencer woah. O_O when time permits, can you list down or provide screenshots of your items ,stats and attributes.

I had a few misteps on my sair-fencer3 (currently fence1) lol, I placed 50+ CON haha since I was not really sure if I will make her a squire back then. Anyways if that 50con proved to be useless later I do have a spare stat reset potion :). Do you have enough HP for high level map farming? Do you think that 50con is bad investment? (note I went pelt3 for highdef/block).

Thanks again for the inputs and encouragement.

Yep we are currently working on Solmiki -> Still Floor 25 but i guess Floor 30 is also doable in our grp.

• Cleric2-Diev3-Druid3
  • Cleric2-Diev3-Miko-PD2
  • Cleric-Krivis3-Pardoner-Miko-Priest-Taoist
  • Wiz-Cryo3-Chrono3-Enchanter
  • Sw3-Pelt-Corsair-Fencer3

Well just 2 screens to provide u some Infos for my Fencer. (Both are with Squire Food - and no other additional buffs)

This is my Setup for Bosses
(3 Headgears with PAtk and CAtk), still 2 Phada cuz of more dmg than Sissel, Venier (+18 Holy Prop awake) is +9, with 2 lvl 7 yellow gems, Lionhead (22 Crit Rate awake) with a lvl7 red gem

This is my setup for AoE Ratio

I have a lot of spare equip i switch depending on situations.
Noteable ones are:

• 2 Sissels/2 Phadas
  • Max Peta/Agny Necklace (Mostly Max Peta, but for bosses which are weak to fire Agny shines)
  • Rhevisan Set
  • Venier, Cata Rapier, Spada (Just that i dont loose too much durability)
  • Lionhead Dagger / Aias (Cuz its the only shield which looks good while running around)
  • Wind Runner (3lvl 6 Blue Gems) / Virtov Boots (Sept Etoiles Gem)
  • Vubbe (Restrain Gem) / Virtov Gloves (Red Gem)
  • 3 Headgears with 110+ PAtk and at least 140+ CAtk
  • 3 Headgears with AoE Ratio
  • Cafrisun Set for an additional Hit whenever some object is supposed to be destroyed

I used every Stat Point for Dex -> also 8 lvl 10 Ella Cards (Working on my Glass Moles for later use)
I use Dumbbell for +30 Str
Always have PAtk, CAtk and AoE Ratio Potions
And use Squire Food with +3 AoE Ratio
Maintaned weapon
Enchanted Armor

Dont forget in Grps i have permanent Monstrance and dont need to care about Crit Rate that much anymore, i still crit on every hit :>

Hope that gave u some insight.
Sadly i cant give u videos cuz i play on my laptop and the game runs horribly while recording…