Tree of Savior Forum

[GUIDE] Updated! How To play TOS on Mac (PlayOnMac)

hello, hmmm from my experience that kind of black screen is caused by not installing direct x full. or not adding D3dx9_36 to the existing overrides at the wine configuration window.

Thank you for responding :slight_smile: It detects the ps3 controller but when I play TOS the buttons function differently. some not even functioning. the only function it does correctly is the left thumbstick. haha! :slight_smile:

hahaha that sadly i donā€™t know how to fix xD

I installed steam and it runs fine. But when I open, it doesnt connect to internet, so I canā€™t download Tree of Savior. What can be happening?
Iā€™m using Play On Mac

hi diego! sorry for the late reply, sent my macbook for screen replacement sadly they formated my macbook and all of my files were lost. currently re-installing things. For your problem i would like to direct you to Play On Macā€™s support page. Most likely that problem is on their side :smiley:

Added notice. I will still update the crosstie once i re-download the game. But after that i wonā€™t be updating it that often anymore. I found an error while restoring my TOS Back up. Thatā€™s why i decided to Re-install it and see if the error keeps coming up. If not then no update necessary.

i cant install flash player, its giving me incompatible error T_T

hello RF.Soul can you show me a print screen of the error? i havenā€™t re-isntalled my TOS yet. Though if you can get the error could you could just google it with (Error Code Wine / CrossOver or Play On Mac) usually you can find answers to this kinds of errors on their Support forum

Hey there,
I followed your directions on POM and I got the game to work, but with a disturbing graphics glitch that makes the characters heads and hair appear broken.
A few things went wrong during installation, POMā€™s flashplayer download didnā€™t work. Also, I do not know how to change msvc100 to native.
I have a macbook pro 2011.
Thanks

Edit: Seeing comments above, I will add, that I have searched for the solution for the flashplayer problem and it seems like it is common with POM. Flash changes links to their software frequently so it comes out broken (mismatched)?

hello opsudaea, may i know if you MBP is running on an integrated graphic card? if yes sadly TOS wonā€™t work. intel HD 4000 above can play TOS though anything below will cause graphical glitches.

if not then go to

Configure>Wine>Configure Wine>Libraries

type and add the following to the new override library

msvc100>Add then edit> set to native
d3dx10_36 (this might fix the graphical error)

sorry for the late reply, i might start to play the game again, while give it a 2nd chance.

updated guide, Addon Manager will now work on my CrossTie

Yea, I finally figured out it that it may have something to do with my AMD graphics card. Luckily, I am going to get a new computer soon, and I will make it a PC. My mac is starting to really show her age.
Do you mind if I ask why you wanted to stop playing ToS in the first place?

Thanks for the help.

well in my opinion, IMC doesnā€™t even focus on fixing bugs ingame. but rather try to put more stuff on the cash shop. i started playing again though, Albion Online is still early in development so i decided to sit it down for a while.

Updated guide, Added instructions on who to install addon manager and addon recommendation to improve TOS on crossover

redditors informed me that Addon manager doesnā€™t work on POM. As of now CrossOver is the only one who can use the app.

I tried to download it and it taking foreverā€¦
Iā€™ve been stuck on this screen overnightā€¦ x-x whelp

Does anyone have experience with getting ToS INA (Indonesia version) to work on Mac? I tried installing the Steam version (Iā€™m currently in the US), and it worked just fine using Crossover with solid 60 FPS.

However, ToS INA refuses to workā€¦ The XIGNCODE keeps stopping and giving me errors. Iā€™ve tried deleting certain files (xmag.xem) from the ā€œreleaseā€ folder, but still same issue. :frowning: I have no idea what went wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

hi! sorry for the late reply bat sadly i canā€™t help you with that :frowning: since i think TOS INA uses a different client (SEA uses Steam) its hard to finds a work around if TOS INA uses a different client like Garena for example Garenaā€™s SEA client wont work on Wineskin for some reason.

Updated the guide. With the recent update playing TOS on crossover is not possible anymore.

Can you help to teach me how to run on wineskin instead? or you can give me the exact file to download to work it out please???