Tree of Savior Forum

Graphics Mod πŸŒ€ High Detail πŸ’Ž Database

Graphics modifications are third party applications used to inject code into Tree of Savior to boost it’s graphical capabilities. Here you can download various graphic mods to enhance your gameplay.

IMPORTANT
For best performance it is important to select β€œPerformance” usage setting in the Reshade 3.0 settings tab (Shift + F2 in game).

Mods:

Reshade 3.0 https://reshade.me

Graphic mod previews:

Dreamy v2

New!
Huge light effects, bloom, color improvements over last version.

Sharp Detail

Make stuff appear more detailed

Easier to read text

Here’s some gameplay using graphics mod:

Dreamy

How to install:

To Uninstall:
Find your Tree of Savior folder
Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release
Remove the following:

• d3d9.dll
  • d3d9.ini
  • reshade-shaders Folder

Feel free to post your own mods and I’ll add them to the list.

4 Likes

nice mod! if only someone could make a mod warning you when your sp drops too low (druidc3 problems)

Er, is it really needed? Just look to your SP bar bellow your character.

1 Like

oh i never noticed that lol, thanks for telling me

I would prefer a mode that reduce the graphic details for less laggs xD

3 Likes

But we already got many stuff that reduce graphics details. SFX Toggle does his job really well.

Having shader packs that sharpens / increase the details of the game is really welcome, because, not everyone plays with crappy computers.

This mod really helps my eyes, the text is a LOT sharper, it feels different browsing market for stuff, reading quest dialogue, etc. Also great increase can be seen in textures and NPC images.

That change the graphic settings to low if your fps drop.
That dont help if your graphic settings are low anyway xD

My good pc goes down in flames some weeks ago and my wooden pc is β€œok”.
Beside some laggspikes ~.~

U guys are just spoiled ^^
I have a 50 zoll tv on my pc and my eyes dont hurt from playing tos^^

1 Like

Outside of fast Ram, up to date CPU and GPU, Having an SSD is the best thing you can have on your PC.

It makes your computer a hell a lot faster. And, for my surprise, it reduces CONSIDERABLY the fps spikes of Tree of Savior. Most of fps spikes in ToS comes from I/O, so a fast SSD really fix this problem. Bought one, expensive, but no regrets.

Also you got SFX Toggle wrongly. It reduces how many players/monsters are rendered on screen, plus, disable all the particle effects (that are the main source of FPS drops of ToS). With a simple command chat β€œ/effect boss”, you can enjoy Whale Hunting with 30 FPS+.

3 Likes

I try it out tomorow thx^^

Here are the links the OP posted for future reference.

Reshade 3.0:
https://reshade.me

Graphics Preset:
https://mega.nz/#!HcVVQBJI!5hBWL4Hi4zSHnrZ9TiwDCoYpF1P1vzj73GnQvHAS9WM

Personally I use GeDoSaTo, which allows you to downsample (i.e. render the game at 4K resolution and downsample it for your 1080p screen). It also contains post-processing effects (SweetFX etc.).

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582

There’s a lot of different tools and methods, and they’re well worth exploring if you have the patience. View image below full size for an example. Looks lovely in motion, with all the leaves floating etc.

6 Likes

I can’t thank you enough for this!

Now I just need to figure out how to do this, still at work

1 Like

Hi! Just wanna ask what does β€œ/effect boss” will do? I toggle with the add on already to reduce lags especially with whale event but what’s the difference? Ty

For some reason, FPS Savior addon on Low settings seems to do the same for me (more details, more legible text) besides the wonderful additional FPS I can squeeze from using it. Maybe it’s missing a few more things that this addon have.

Still, I guess it’s nice for those who likes to play on max settings and/or have the machine for that.

are you talking about NVME SSD or can a SATA SSD help tos lag spikes a lot too?

edit nevermind looks like sata ssd would be okay.

ncix video about ssd for gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIXSSOzyLbs

The core problem is TOS doesn’t cache data properly and constantly reads from disk.

It reduces a lot the visible players on screen, and removes all visual effects, including particles. You have to use the command before hand, using it on the middle of the crowd, it will make them just stand still. To β€œclear” the screen, move far away then go back to the World Boss.

Any SSD from major brands will work out, but it requires Sata 3.0 and AHCI mode enabled on your Bios if going with an Sata SSD.

1 Like

I HATE FPS Savior because it is not flexible. Once you’ve dealt with crowded stuff, it refuses to let you set your own settings. If you put on β€œHigh” mode, it will force a lot of unnecessary options that reduces performance with no substantial visual improvments.

Meanwhile SFX Toggle lets you disable it anytime, turn on based on FPS or even configure the threshold to when it will kick in. Much more flexibility, kudos for who developed this addon o/

Cool thanks!

20 char