Tree of Savior Forum

[CLOSED] [Fan Art Festival] Official Hot Hot Summer Voting Thread! ⛱

Sir, you deserve a cookie…

The theme of the contest was “Hot hot summer”, not “The living nightmare you call your life”.

17 Likes

That’s a reason to you to practice and build up your own entry for the next contest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your Suggestion is nice for Halloween ;D~

nice ass atomks u get mi vote

3 Likes

The truth is just wanted an excuse to draw shirtless people, even if it’s just one person;;
_(:3」∠)L

3 Likes

Yeah, but isn’t living in the world of TOS a neverending nightmare? Depending on where you live, outside of the towns is swarmed with maneating demons that just wait to kill you and your family if you step out of the safe walls (somewhat similar to Shingeki no Kyojin).
“Countless” people are killed during our quests by them.

And while you don’t have to show the violence, that’s depicting the world of Tree of Saviour quite well, so a clever combination of what the world is actually like and the usual summer themes would result in much better artwork than having female saviours show us in their lascivious swimwear why humans are part of the mammalia…

Spoiler However, some locations, demons and monsters do not attack you on site plus, with the return of the water goddess, I believe there to be some short of protection related to water. If not, we’re capable enough to defend ourselves. Once more, this is a fantasy game and with fantasy ideals or possibilities. Such as; by description of quest story lines, we should of actually cleared out a couple maps of monsters (however, for the sake of MMO, re-spawns exist) as well as creating barriers.

There is also another factor.

AU = Alternative Universe, aka Not Canon = Not Reality or Fan service.
Really, now, we’re just artist having fun with creativity based on materials provided to us- not story makers/illustrators for the game. Many official shows and games do this. Like Shingeki no Kyojin fan service work-out artwork.

Well, if we are at that point, even artwork completely unrelated to Tree of Saviour would’ve been fine, since it was only asking about what we (i.e. the players, not the teams/avatars) are doing during the summer days (ignoring the fact that there are countries without summer, e.g. the equatorial region and every day is ± the same).

So drawing ourselves camping/hiking, heck even skiing in a ski resort would’ve been fine (but obviously not chosen by the staff).

Depends on how you want to look at it.

Do you consider yourself the avatar in the game where most of your day consist of killing things (or lately, fishing), or do you consider yourself the player who are having fun playing a game with your friends?

If you consider yourself the avatar, many will see you as the monster. Mindlessly killing innocent non-aggressive beings that are for the most part just minding their own business so you can steal their items or use their body parts. Blindly following the wishes of random NPCs you meet all around the picturesque world, whom for some reason very often wants you to bring them souls. Not to mention the absurd genocide taking place in Dina Bee every day. The monster/player death ratio is not happy reading for the monsters.

If you consider yourself a player the only nightmare are bugs and slow updates.

A summer theme are very rarely something most people will associate with violence, but if you believe that will make the art better, why not join in yourself next time?

3 Likes

I’m going to stop right now after, before this drags on any further.

Your initial intention was the unnecessary amount of beach theme lacking creativity or common cliche, that I understand and agreed on. However, your other statement on how our entry is not valid just because it does not fit your description of a FANTASY world of a MMORPG:Massive Multi Online ROLE PLAYING Game. It is only natural participates submit entries BASED ON in game contents; like costumes (which in a world filled with man eating demons, those outfits are pointless than). Thus reasoning to a beach theme with recently released costumes and so forth features etc.

That is the end of my argument.
Please just enjoy the beautiful and painfully worked on effort of everyone entries, and vote which you’d like most to see on your loading screen that you see fit for this summer for us players.

2 Likes

Just stepping in to remind everyone that this thread is for supporting the artists :star_struck: not what the art “could be” based on personal opinion :rofl:

Each artists did a wonderful job interpreting the theme of the Fan Art Festival with their experiences about summer and TOS.

15 Likes

faves

1. Leisure whaling😻
  2. Cobalt forest escapade😍
  3. Summer of vakarine😘
  4. A summer to remember :heart:
2 Likes

Título: Hace Mucho calor
servidor malvado Nombre: NA Klaipeda
Nombre del equipo: FrijolesRefritos

10 Likes

O3O this one is cute. hey add me pls. i need anime artist friends. - katsuyaseo7@gmail.com

I love it haha:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/badges/8/great-reply

1 Like

so many talented peeps goodluck eb1

nice work everyone special mentions to Chili and Poecat!!!

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m happy you like it :relaxed:

Wahh, thanks~ > w < b