Tree of Savior Forum

Drop System Reworked - Fully Implemented

That’s the best method. It’s important to test items that aren’t just Orange mats though of course. If IMC is employing Scaling DPK and RNG, then testing one set of items would only show one of the potential methods.

Correct.

We need all items to be tested. Orange mats are the start.

As they are the most commonly Found and players are farming to get their Oranges.

I notice also a increase in BB and other mats. Then again stuff like dawn maiden crystal can be also gotten from HG now…

Meh, I’m tired of hunting these since theyr’e not that profitable anymore so someone else should. I’ve got 120k+ kill counts already from orange mats and I think 60kish on royal guard armor mob. Heck, someone offered me 200k per mat so I think I might not hunt unless someone gives me 4 shards at the very least. I’ve only done these zeffis for my emengard cannon.

Haha, we know the pain. i am currently farming for 2 shield and cannon for my guildies so we will see how.

So far i am currently farming caro leaftnut and zeffi.

they seem to be the same case. (highest killcount was leafnut at 1172 before it drops.)

2 Likes

Don’t worry soldier, you’ve done your part. o7

1 Like

I’ll just ask my friend to record his kills since he’s still up for it and he’s more curious as to how it works than me.

2 Likes

That’d be perfect, thank you.

Thanks pal. we appreciate every help/info we can get.

And about monster gems, still dpk or its like 0,01% now?

I’ve only gotten one since the update, but it seemed RNG due to it dropping after about 30 kills.

Ok I take what I said before back lol
I got like 4 brown colimen flower in a row, that’s rather impossible before
lol

2 Likes

This is all I care about, though. Drops aren’t a competition anymore, it’s all individual. I think the ideal scenario would’ve been character-specific DPK, honestly, but RNG is still better than channel based DPK. If some items’ droprate is too low that’s another issue entirely IMO.

I wonder how much of this change has to do with Corsair’s Pillaging? For anyone who’s not aware, in the past there were a lot of monsters that you couldn’t pillage, and I always suspected it had something to do with their drop tables being defined after DPK was added to the game (since Corsair was added in back when everything was still RNG and level cap was much lower; it was mostly monsters on rank 6+ maps that you couldn’t pillage), and Pillaging was always RNG based. With the latest patch notes it seems pillaging now works on everything.

So it’s also possible that there is still a DPK table, but there’s also an RNG table that you can roll on - which was previously exclusive to Corsair’s Pillaging and now exists for all monsters. If that’s the case, it probably means the DPK is still somehow channel based, which would explain it seeming inconsistent.

4 Likes

How was it working?

I mean, with rank 8 mobs Pillage worked but took as long as hitting the DPK range sometimes. Was it this way in the past or like, no pillaging what you wanted at all with more than 600 kills?

If you stand at IMC’s point of view, where you don’t have too many time nor enough dev to improve the DPK system, what is the fastest and efficient way to improve(shut the complainers up)?

Easy, keep the current DPK system, but instead, random generator generates DPK number change from 450 ~ 650 to 1 ~ 1200, problem solve.

So it’s unpredictable for others to steal the DPK. However, it is still the same old DPK system, bond to the channel.

Is the random DPK at an even number? For example 500, 600, or 700… if not, how do we know this is how it’s working and not true RNG?

You can’t have it at even numbers like that because how monsters spawn with loot. You can kill 300 but the monster with material already spawned off screen, no way to know. Before the patch it was 425-675 for all Lv.315 weapon materials.

I thought that monsters did not spawn with loot in this game unless the oracle checked the loot?

1 Like

To be honest I don’t know this properly but either way it’s too hard for you to get a “X00” DPK drop.

I was just leveling in tenet garden… In 90 minutes i got 6 monster gems… 2 archers 3 flower and 1 stationary flower… I was alone on the channel… I like

RNG is good tbh, other than 315 orange mats. IMC changed the DPK into lower percentage aside from 315 mats.

Or maybe this

• Item drop rates will gradually increase the more kills the player does to the enemy being killed.
  • However, this drop rate will reset back to its original rates under certain criteria.
2 Likes