Tree of Savior Forum

Drop System Reworked - Fully Implemented

/inb4 people complaining
"RNG drop systems suck because it’s entirely up to luck. It’s so unfair that i had to farm 10000 monsters and still didnt get the item while a friend got it on his 5th kill. A system that guarantees a drop after a certain amount of kills would be so much better, like that DPK system that other games have. Come on, IMC, why do you suck so much?"

I promise you, it’ll happen sooner or later :wink:

1 Like

As far as I know …hunting ground’s drops always drops like water,
and I don’t think the new drop system are here as of yet.

1 Like

That’s why we need a personal DPK mixed with RNG, making it that if you don’t have the luck to drop it on the 1st try, your effort gets rewarded.

5 Likes

Guess this is good for jolly roger farming.

ahhh its sayuri again~

will u be so kind to tag me if u come across such complain?

im interested~

huehuehue

99 issues with TOS, fixed 1
98 issues to go…

almost 12hours n no staff reply yet if the drop-system changes is intended or an “unforseen/unintended incident”

hrmmm…

4 Likes

Dpk gone or back? Since patch earlier?

Hello guys unicorn here well previously with bald on DPK threads around if you see me you will prolly remember me.

Today i bring you a non myth but factual piece. DPK is currently still in place but. In a different form you guess it right it’s call cumulative % Drop now.

Before i go in dept. Here are proof and sources of me farming. Pre and After Patch of today. for a long time i have been farming zeffi the DPK mat which is 450 ~ 686 range or 700 before in short.

After patch today loots.
it is extremely unpredictable now since it’s culumative % hitting at dpk of 686 which is a 100% drop.

Total Loot

In the progress of farming

So it is clear to say that DPK still exist but in a different form

which many wanted change or similar suggestion to what i gave out before adding cumulative/ a another rng and resets the count when it drop.

I am not sure if Monster Gems DPK are still around as i have not tested it out but DPK Mats hold true now to be cumulative % drop per kill

Good luck farming.

For those who are interested. my Kill count on drop are 322 388 , 209, 34 54 ,466 last at 686.

So… lel.

8 Likes

So in noob terms…
DPK is still around but it is now a RNG based increase?
The more you kill, the higher the % chance of the item/items dropping, eventually capping at max 100%, resetting on drop?

I remember cookykim.
Very close to this suggestion

2 Likes

I did yesterday with 924 no drop. I did reset after my RNG drop. No one on my map. Also happened to my friend 850ish no drop with only 2 of us in that map for hours.

Also today no drops after 700 with me resetting after my second RNG drop at 10 kills.

@unicorntheshiny

Hmm so its a % based RNG w/c resets when the DPK count was reached. (DPK count means 100%/sure drop). No other crazy mechanics? Plain and simple?

Can confirm 900 kills still no drop, no reason to farm 315 mats anymore for me. In DPK where you could get 2x in 500 kills(300 below average) now you can only get 1 in 1k+ monsters at worst unless you wanna spend 3 hours swelling, killing 1k+ mobs with 2x HP + skill CD. No longer profitable.

4 Likes

So Corsair FTW and burn the Thaumas and Dopel DPK at the stake is what am reading???

DPK back after update today :v

I just killed 5 Red Fishermen and 4 of them dropped a Fedimian Robe Recipe. This item was supposed to have a DPK of 200… I imagine that’s more a bug than an intended change, even more if it didn’t get advertised in the changelist. So yeah, expect the DPK to be back soon…

Is it still working after yesterday patch?could anyone confirm?

i farmed after all patches yes so yes. its currently cumulative %

its basically ktest tos server drop function so…

pretty much 315 are better farm in group for maximium profits now … due to swelling everythinf and it has a chance to drop

Thanks…i ll try farm mats later

thats extactly correct