Tree of Savior Forum

Drop System Reworked - Fully Implemented

This is the kind of thing that makes me question DPK existing. From my knowledge it does count though.

1 Like

Yes it is hard to farmā€¦ I only got like 6 after like 1.5hrs of blasting them to oblivion. It feels like dawn fragments have a much higher drop rate than the brown colimen flower.

1 Like

Likewise, dawn fragments have been appearing on market much more frequent and the prices are gradually dropping. Of course they always go fast but still, they definitely drop more often since the patch.

Farmed for two Phadas this week, it takes some time but once you get a drop,you get 5~6 more all at once.

Farming on HG because the Maidens there have low hp.

Went to farm Bloodstones for a noobie friend to make an Agny for him, less than 10 mins,3 Bloodstones, two from a single skill cast.

1 Like

I think DPK is just for some drops or monsters. Canā€™t confirm it though.

Instanced Cutscenes Monster always had the chance to drop ANY item. But only the first time you run that cutscene, so you canā€™t cancel it then retake it infinetly.

2 Likes

battle bracelet is rng now, got 2 from 2 or 3 kills

Are monster spawn groups still taken into account or does the change now apply to all population of the same monster on a map? It seems this maybe what confused some people regarding consecutively getting the same drop or having inconsistent DPK count.

[quote]Item Drop System Improvements

Until now, materials and other items dropped by monsters in TOS can be obtained based on a system known as ā€œcounting dropā€, which allows items to drop after a character has defeated a certain number of the same type of monster. The system isnā€™t perfect yet, but we believe the new formula to be a little more reasonable and appealing to players.

Current DPK System

In the current system, the DPK value is defined by a random number between a predetermined minimum and maximum values. For example, if a monsterā€™s minimum DPK value is 900 and its maximum DPK value is 1,100, a random number between 900 and 1,100 is generated. When a player defeats that number of monsters, the item drops, and after itā€™s dropped once, a new random number is generated under the same principle, continuing the cycle.

Revised Top-Down DPK System

The revised system combines DPK and drop rates in the following formula:

1 / (set DPK value ā€“ current no. of monsters defeated)

This means that, if a monsterā€™s DPK value is 100, every time you defeat one monster the drop rate will change from 1/100 to 1/99, to 1/98 and so on. In other words, thereā€™s a chance the monster will drop the item even before you defeat 100 of them.

Here, too, the DPK value is reset every time the item drops.[/quote]

From https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=905

I strongly believe that we already have the revised top-down DPK system implemented by mistake though.

Also, full official declaration that DPK is a thing and all the non-believers can go straight to hell. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Was there people who still believe DPK was not a thing xD?

I mean ā€¦ i used DPK helper for 2 months while hunting orange mats and it never failed.

Edit: This pseudo dpk feels so random tho. I got 4 drops in 5 minutes a few days ago. Thats like ā€¦ less than 20 kills inbetween drops. I guess i shud have buy a lotto ticket

I wish I could say there werenā€™t. Thereā€™s still quite a lot. Although, people should also understand that DPK ran independent of obviously RNG items (stuff that drop in rapid succession like Hanaming Petal).

The [new] system just gives us an early chance at the drop even before the drop-window is supposedly reached. Itā€™s still way nicer than before for sure.

It still leaves on the air the really high kill counts some people have reported, like 900~1100 kills to get a previously max 670 dpk item.

There is also the possiblity they ā€œdoubledā€ the dpk count to balance the new permanent chance for it to drop.

What theyā€™re describing is basically no longer DPK at all - it just gradually increases the droprate of an item the more a monster is killed. Even if itā€™s still channel based instead of character based this sounds like a much better system. Maybe even better than pure RNG, since there is also a stop-gap measure that essentially guarantees a drop after a certain number of kills just because the droprate will become so high. I approve. One problem fixed, thousands to go.

3 Likes

At least during the time that one person/group is reporting 900~1100 to get a previously 670 dpk item, someone else may have had better luck and already gotten it. Unlike before wherein until that number is reached, no one is getting anything. The prices of orange mats clearly reflect that there are more people getting it than those who arenā€™t. :slight_smile:

They definitely adjusted many of the max drop values of DPK.

Itā€™s nice to have confirmation. We officially have RNG and Scaling DPK.

(Maybe we should name it correctly and call it KPD).

I donā€™t think an entire system can accidentally be implemented, especially since it wasnā€™t even in KTOS at the time.

This is IMC weā€™re talking about, anything is possible. :smirk:

Okay to be fair, letā€™s say it was done on purpose while purposefully foregoing documentation.

1 Like

Maybe they still had that weird policy of keep mechanical information a ā€œsecretā€

Like we could identify on their

• ā€œWe cant confirm the existence of DPKā€
  • No changelog or any information about Hidden Classes
  • Skill interactions or also called ā€œHidden Mechanicsā€

I believe this was a Direct Rule to try to mimic an old school game and its quite good as it allows a world to discover and learn instead of spoonfeeding the player, but without properly set rules.

They have been changing this lately:

• This post openly talks about the drop system
  • KToS added information pages on their official site covering all the Hidden Classes, and also promoted a contest on Guide Writing. The topic of this guide was about Hidden Classes of course.
  • Iā€™m not sure if skill interaction has be revealed ā€¦ as it allows players going for ā€œtestā€ or ā€œfunā€ builds to find interesting stuff with a bit of luck.
6 Likes

Ahhh yes, now this clears some of my questions as per hunting the new HG dungeons. It seems that sometimes the mobs I hunt may drop the item I need not just once but twice or trice in a consecutive kill. This also explain why some players are stealing DPK on my spot :joy:

So here is what Iā€™ve been confused about the system.

-Is the revised DPK system per character or the whole channel? since this bugs me since I am currently farming a hard item to get and from time to time a player or two suddenly rushes to my spot of the map and kills the mobs Iā€™m hunting, sometimes they fail, sometimes they succeed. Do they know how or when will the item drop due to addon and or the system is still applied for the whole channel, not per player?

-As I stated above, I can get the item I desired from the consecutive kills not just once but twice or even trice so after getting the item the DPK should reset? or is the map or mob Iā€™m farming is a mix of RNG % and DPK? because after a while or at least in some cases, even If I defeat 100-200 mobs the Item wouldnā€™t drop.

Posters around here have been changing the definition of DPK constantly and using it to describe things that are different from what IMC said, so a lot of people will be going straight to hell.

Neither use is actually drops per kill, either:

[quote]per

1. for each; for every: Membership costs ten dollars per year. This cloth is two dollars per yard.[/quote]
    900 drops per kill means you get 900 drops for one kill. Killing 900 mobs to get a drop would be kills per drop like this guy said:

Having the drop chance increase gradually as a player kills more things is ā€œprogressive percentagesā€ or ā€œprogressive RNGā€: http://www.shacknews.com/article/57886/blizzard-details-secret-world-of

[quote]ā€œSo what we decided to do was we took a
page out of Warcraft 3, which had a very elegant design which they referred to as ā€˜progressive percentages.ā€™ā€[/quote]

And hereā€™s the Warcraft 3/DOTA2 system:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Pseudo_Random_Distribution

[quote]The PRD works by increasing the percentage chance for an activation by a
certain amount every time it didnt activate until the chance for
activation is over 100%.[/quote]
The term PRD itself could also cover other types of pseudo-random distributions, so PP (progressive percentages) is more specific.

IMCā€™s term ā€œcounting dropā€ also makes sense for a system thatā€™s based on a counter.

5 Likes

No, weā€™ve always known the exact definition of DPK. Youā€™re not even arguing the definition here, youā€™re arguing semantics. There are plenty of things in the world that could have a more logical and precise name. The analytical philosophers realized this centuries ago and failed miserably in trying to invent a new ā€˜scientificā€™ language rooted solely in logic.

I mean if you want to really get technical DPK can still be twisted to make sense in exact terms. If it takes 100 kills to get a drop thatā€™s .01 drops per kill.

5 Likes