Tree of Savior Forum

[Legacy Guide] [Outdated after Re:BUILD patch] Hackapell & Rogue Class Lounge

While mounted, use “Best” macro/emote to start this quest: https://tos.neet.tv/quests/50288

PS. this is not a Hackapell exclusive quest. Just a curiosity about our Master.

9 Likes

Hey, I’m thinking about making a hackapell only for boss killing
Is Archer 2 - Ranger 1 - Wugushi 2 - Rogue 2 - Hacka good? Would it work ?
Archer 2 for swift step , Ranger 1 filler class with steady aim , Wugushi for the dot damage while spamming those Rogue-Hacka combos

thx in advance

it would work, perhaps

Well, as a boss killer fletcher hackapell will a lot better than any other hackapell build.
Keep in mind, throw gu will dismount.
ranger c1 is a nice filler for rogue if you just think on feint+barrage
But need to wait for rogue skill patch to come to iToS.

Just throwing this out there because a lot of people dismiss it, but Rogue’s Evasion is actually nice since it works like Sneak Hit, so at lvl 5 it’s +25% Evasion Chance not Rate.

Combine this with Swift Step Lv15 +150 Evasion (Lv10 is only +100), and if you happen to be full DEX, this can be a very very nice Evasion Chance.

Just something to consider if you find yourself not using Steady Aim too often, since you mentioned it’s a filler class.

Questionable. Hacka eats too much sp already and ranger being an energy hog doesnt make things better. Ranger doesnt offer much to hacka as opposed to fletcher rogue or even wugushi

I would say that if you are Full str, +25% of 0 is still 0. Soo it is interesting, but you would have to have some DEX invested.

It’se not +25% from what you already have, but a 25% of dodge, that means that even if you have 0 dodge chance with the buff you will evade 1/4 of the attacks.

3 Likes

Its not +25% evasion.
Its flat 25% “evasion chance” irrespective of your normal evasion.

2 Likes

No, you’re wrong.

It’s not based on your current Evasion Chance, at all.
It’s in the final formula as +25% Evasion Chance, so even if you have 0, you now have 25%.

Basically it is not a multiplier of 1.25x current evasion chance, but an indepedent mofier of +25% Evasion Chance.

Cap seems to be 80% Evasion Chance, so it’s pretty useful even with nothing!

Any news about the new card system and what hackapels whould equip?

Did you see the Gazing Golem card? Catch 3, make all of them 10 stars, put in the Hackapell after the new card system and never take it off. That card is the literal savior of the class.

About gazing Golem yes, I was wondering about the other slots…

Are yellow gems even worth using on off hand. Crit attack feels kinda useless.

On offhand never use anythnig but reds for SR3.

No matter how high it is that CAtk won’t match the PAtk.

The reason there’s even a talking point on mainhand is because Reds give Max Attack and not Physical Attack there.

Crit Attack is not useless, but compared to P.Atk it is.

Hackapell thread…

Ah, I forgot that Hackaapell swords count as Main Hand.

It’s still very very rarely worth it, you have to have pretty ridiculous P.Atk and Crit Rate to make Reds not the best.

You need to be basically Rogue C2/3 with almost 100% crit chance (When behind) to make Greens better, and you need 100% with it AND very high Crit Rate (100% basically) to make yellows better.

You need a very high PAtk to get over the log10 portion and be okay with CAtk being higher.

Higher P.Atk also widens this gap considerably it seems

Once you pass 9k~ P.Atk, the difference between Yellow 10 ★ and Red 10★ is 3,045 Damage for the 7 Gems.or 304.5 Damage per 10 ★ Gem

If you want access to the spreadsheet. I’m using or want me to run numbers more relevant to you let me know.

Considering hackapell has both main hand weapons, Red feels awfully inconsistent and RNG based.
Thanks to Cavalry charge, I doubt anyone has issues with critting. Heck even my a1 r3 flet3 hacka crits for 50-60% with cavalry charge debuff on.

To me Hacka is best suited with yellow. And now bcz of new dmg formula, crit atk ain’t additive anymore but gets affected by skill mods. So, my bet is on yellow gems.

Well i humbly disagree. When i was calculating my damage to see if it was worth it to have full greens or full reds (since we have 7 gems slots in both main and second weapon), i noticed that, if you can not manage to get a 4500+ attack weapon (e.g. +15-16 Regard Horn Crossbow transcendent to 10), red gems wins in overall damage. I guess it is because it enhance white damage and yellow dmg, not as much as the yellow gems, but still increases a lot. Here is a vídeo i made using only red gems and almost full str.

That’s precisely what it is, it can feel bad to have such a wide gap when you’re doing regular killing if what you’re killing is something you’re on the cusp of XHKOing.

To give you an example, let’s say that I have 2 Hacka’s:

Hacka 1: 8k-14k damage
Hacka 2: 10k-11k damage

If the mob I’m fighting has 20k HP Hacka2 will always 2HKO. Hacka1 will sometimes 3HKO.

Hacka1 will be better overtime on things like bosses and large HP mobs that take 10+ HKO, but that gap in damage causes things like moving away from mob too fast, and less consistent farming, so you’ll notice it a lot more on small fry. Of course most things worth farming at that point have a lot of HP so you’d need a pretty large gap in damage to notice the difference. :slight_smile: