Tree of Savior Forum

[ADDONS] Discontinued/Broken Addon Development

Looks like they’re going to more or less integrate ChatExtend addon into basic chat UI. Though if it’s only the appearance of the chat window that’s changing, hopefully they don’t completely break ChatExtend for those of us who still want to take advantage of the extended chat box, the coordinates button, and the party invite tag button.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed, expecting the worse, hoping for the best. :slight_smile:

Japanese developers are still quite active. They got our rebalance dungeon/mob yesterday and they inmediatly released an addon to remove the constant Tutorial popups.

1 Like

Is anyone familiar with the addon similar to “/effect” at ragnarok? It disables the skill’s visual effects such as diev’s statue auras.I’ve known it as ‘war mode’ addon. Any news or recent updates? It has a few bugs such as not receiving stamina from tree crystal while active.

Sounds familiar. Are you by chance referring to SFX Toggle?

yeah, SFX toggle has the same command. Still wondering what’s the different between SFX toggle and FPS Savior though.

Both came out at a similar time, the description of one used to be that he was unsatisfied with the other one, can’t remember any solid details though.

My hazy recollection was that one of them turned off the graphics so much that you couldnt see heal tiles, they didn’t render and also that you couldn’t set the values for how much to drop the graphics by on the fly using a ingame command.

I am incredibly anxious for an update/continuation of Enhanced Collections, but I can’t even begin to work with it due to lack of experience… New Collection UI is BETTER than default, for sure, but it’s still kind of a trainwreck.

Add _**

[TOS ADDON] Ausrine Highlight

**_ to the Manager, it works in ITOS, you just have to change a file to work.

FILE JTOS :ausrinehighlight.ipf
FILE ITOS : :snowman_with_snow:ausrinehighlight.ipf

1 Like

sortexample on the JTOS Addon sorts inventory fine for me (replacing Assortment).

Showcase of ausrine highlight

Actually, no. I’ve tried both, sfx and fps savior but neither was able to effectively disable diev’s aura graphic effect. Then, someone in-game indicated me ‘war mode’.

Searched a bit and found this link, it correspond to the addon i’m refering, although it seems it’s code is just a simple copy and paste from someone else’s work (uncertain about it, saw it on reddit).

It never made it to the manager, but i’ve had a great experience with it.
Here’s the upload from my data’s file. War mode addon

Any new broken addons to report following this maintenance?

I weep that I even have to ask such a thing, but…

Chat Extend Addon, read through the forums reporting it crashes the game.

1 Like

Strange, I’m not crashing with ChatExtends enabled…

That said, they haven’t implemented the new chat system yet, have they?

EDIT: I would recommend uninstalling ChatExtends through Addon Manager, and deleting a stray “settings.json” from the addons directory of your Tree of Savior folder. Afterwards, reinstall ChatExtends. I found a slight issue in my “fixed version” I have a link to, that I am currently resolving. I will remove the link until a new version is uploaded.

3 Likes

I can find no link between Chat Extends and the game crashes. The only cause I can see for the crashes are the universal (see: regardless of addon usage) conflict with Visual Studio 2015.

That said, my fix has been deprecated by an update from the author, so I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Chat Extends through the Addon Manager. I have removed my link accordingly.

1 Like

short: yep, it’s universal thing.

in chatextends there’s the function that use for auto-create directory for settings/chatlog files by using os.execute()

maybe it’ll crash with any codes that start a command prompt or calling another programs. let’s say Remote Execution thingy ( didn’t test for that case, sorry :pray: )

and i’m not sure if this was intentionally done by IMC or not too ( like a problem from porting the game into VS 2015 )

ps. io.popen is crash too ( used by addonloader and more? ), while normal io. is fine. and the game itself still uses Lua 5.1 :thinking:

and sorry for my quite bad english, not my main lang. thanks

You did great, actually. And you’re right, I’ve noticed at least Chat Extends opens a cmd during map load for its functionality, but I’m not having issues at all with it currently. It’s possible though that after the RE update that some people are experiencing issues depending on individual specs.

It may also just be bad installation. Be sure to uninstall any versions of Visual Studio Redis you have before installing the version needed for Tree of Savior. No, it won’t create issues with other apps or programs, to my knowledge.

It may also just be bad installation. Be sure to uninstall any versions of Visual Studio Redis you have before installing the version needed for Tree of Savior.

Maybe, 'cause i’m currently running VS 2017 Redist, which will force remove 2015 version to install it. but the game can run on that, so it should be fine?

No, it won’t create issues with other apps or programs, to my knowledge.

Oops, if you mean the word anything above, sorry about that, i mean any codes, not the originally means.

yeah Chat extend addon was crashing my game everytime i tried to log in after manteniance (tried 4 times on each of my 6 chars)always crashed when the loading bar reached the end, uninstalled the addon and stoped the crash, reinstalled the addon, crashed again, but i didnt removed the file you did say, gonna try later when i get home