Tree of Savior Forum

[ADDONS] Discontinued/Broken Addon Development

IMPORTANT NOTE: For manually installing addons, be sure to add these files to your Tree of Savior Directory’s data folder. Common directory path is
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\data"

So I noticed a lot of discontinued addons vanishing from the Addon Manager, which itself has some vibes of “abandoned project,” and thought that some of the no longer supported addons could use some fixing. Turns out the Now Playing addon was a very simple fix to prevent it from breaking when you changed maps.

Now Playing (fixed)

SimpleWarp (fixed) (now works with Diev’s Vakarine)

While I’m at it though, I figured I might link some perfectly working addons that got pulled from the Addon Manager for no reason, some of which are great quality of life additions. I’ll list a few of them here. Any addons that need some improvements or fixes, I’ll try to dabble around with and see if I can’t post em here. Make sure they’re discontinued though before suggesting them.

Boss Spotter (until IMC fixes what broke Boss Tracker)

Item Drops
No idea why this was pulled, it draws a large, color-coded pillar of light (not that pissy little default one) on YOUR items, making them easier to find, and has settings for text names under items and chat notifications based on rarity.

Rader
Obviously supposed to be radar, but the Dev is JP so… draws enemy and NPC indicators on your minimap.

Remove TP Button

Remove Whisper Switch

Context Menu Additions
Currently still broken, but here’s a link if any other addon devs want to attempt to get it working again.

List of Addons Reported Broken (TBD):

• Assortment
  • Boss Tracker
  • Char Simulator
  • ChatExtends
  • Context Menu Additions
  • cW Market
  • Enhanced Collection
  • F*ck System Messages
  • Marktioneer
25 Likes

Some were pulled because the author talked with the devs and concluded it is inappropriate.

1 Like

There is no way Context Menu would be inappropriate, that thing helped lots with those parasites in towns spamming their crap service.

1 Like

Also stalking people in global.

1 Like

Stalking? What you mean? Ah I think I get it lol.

Currently Viewing: SimpleWarp

Going to see if I can figure out how to make it work with Diev’s Vakarine Statues.

Update: Now Playing works far better than it did before, though I’ve noticed it still has the same problem of going into “broken” mode if you change maps to where the same song is playing. That said, it fixes itself the moment the song changes. I’ll see about playing with it so it works seamlessly.

I also dug around the interwebs and found an old LUA copy of Context Menu Additions, going to see if I can get it up and running.

EDIT: I need the XML file for Context that can be used for the IPF. All I have is the LUA, and the XML is needed in order for my IPF to work to even begin testing it…

EDIT2: I found a repository that still hosts Context, but alas, it still breaks the right-click menu. If anyone is interested in attempting to make it compatible with our current chat API, I’ll post a link to it.

EDIT3: I fixed both issues with Now Playing! Now Playing is now working perfectly and seamlessly! Miei was just lazy with a few basic programming mistakes. :stuck_out_tongue: Link has been updated.

2 Likes

Cloverfinder is also important. I hope it gets added again. So much pain in the arse ever since I formated my pc and cant find it anywhere in the addon manager. thanks in advance

1 Like

I don’t have a backup of the addon as I never used it myself, but Rader comes built-in with special icons on your minimap for special mobs, at least. Silver mobs have a ToS Silver Coin icon, Blue mobs have a big blue icon, Red mobs have a strange starburst icon around an angry looking monster, and Gold mobs have, if I recall correctly, a treasure chest icon.

That said, I’ll see if I can find CloverFinder somewhere and put up a link.

item drops has been incorporated already thats why the addon was removed as far as i remember

I just compared them side-by-side, and the only thing was implemented was a TINY needle of light.

ItemDrops still creates a large and apparent (but not obnoxious) beam of light that is color-coded to the rarity of the drops, and allows you to display the text of the item name under your and your party members’ items (as if you were holding down ALT). There are also settings to tell you when particular item rarities drop in your chat box. It is still a substantial improvement over the built-in behavior, and I strongly recommend it to all players.

Here you go. :slight_smile:

And thanks for the nice work!

2 Likes

Thanks for the link post, Sciguma!

All links in the thread have been updated with latest edits!

Do you remember an addon which shows you a big icon when you got Ausrine buff and stay in Safety Zone?

@IllFatedGaming some addons have their jTOS counterpart, don’t know if you checked them, also I’d recommend for you to add these addons to addon manager, I can help you with the steps or asking Excrulon directly to add your github to iTOS’ list (asking a pull request should work).

For naming/copyright issues I guess you can simply add “Ex” and give the proper credits to the original authors on the addons descriptions (like some jTOS authors did). I’d also recommend keeping them open source/on github so users can check/fix/etc later on.

jTOS already have one jp version of Now Playing that should work for us, for example: https://github.com/mythzeal/tos_addon/blob/master/NowPlaying/nowplaying.lua

Checking the original github also helps you a lot, for example:
CloverFinder’s source code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Monogusa1244/MonogusaAddonStore/a31cc61f8aff807aab7f0b749657857b16177a9f/CloverFinder/src/cloverfinder.lua

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Monogusa1244/MonogusaAddonStore/a31cc61f8aff807aab7f0b749657857b16177a9f/CloverFinder/src/cloverfinder.xml

Source code for MutekiAttitude:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Monogusa1244/MonogusaAddonStore/a31cc61f8aff807aab7f0b749657857b16177a9f/MutekiAttitude/src/mutekiattitude.lua

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Monogusa1244/MonogusaAddonStore/a31cc61f8aff807aab7f0b749657857b16177a9f/MutekiAttitude/src/mutekiattitude.xml

If you need any help or want to work together I’d gladly help/work to fix some addons, organize which addons to fixed, share work to fix more of them, been thinking on this but being lazy lately. xD Feel free to PM me in Discord/forums if you want, we prolly could work on trying to fix all the old ones.

1 Like

MuketiAttitude is the addon

3 Likes

I had given thought to trying to get them added back to the Addon Manager, but I was indeed worried about stepping on toes or arousing the ire of the previous authors or running afoul of whatever caused the addons to be pulled in the first place.

I would be happy to have your help on getting them re-added to the Manager though, so long as my concerns could be assuaged on the matter.

2 Likes

Is there any addon to remove effects? Like removing heal tiles so you wont see any shining tiles on the floor. SFXToggle used to do this, but it’s broken since r8 update.

Fixed SimpleWarp to work with Diev statues. Working with Lunar Rabbit about how to distribute it, but for now I’ve put a link in the first post.

3 Likes

Currently looking into Boss Tracker, Context Menu Additions, and Assortment, but I can’t quite understand why the first two quit working when they’re more or less copies of functions that already existed in the official LUA files.

Some backend change that broke their functionality with the client?

1 Like