Tree of Savior Forum

About the new silver penalty inside instanced dungeons

about this announcement posted today
"Instanced Dungeons Silver Penalty

• Similar to EXP penalties, Instanced Dungeons will now include a silver penalty according to the player’s character level
    -The silver penalty will be applied separately to each party member according to their level.
  • 100% silver can be acquired if the level difference is no more than 30.
  • If the difference is over 30, the amount of silver that can be acquired will decrease 2% per level.
  • No silver will be acquired if the level difference is 80 or higher."

my question is, will a new regular dungeon be placed for characters lvl 330 or above ? or the players ho got all or most of their characters over this lvl have just got f***** again ? (sorry for this, but that made me pissed ¬¬)

I believe they stated in the KR development blog post that such a dungeon will indeed be added, but not until the level cap is increased and/or rank 10 is added.

They want to avoid having a game where all you do at 360 is spam dungeons and Saalus. They want you do to new Challenge modes (which give silver and gear so they are better than dungeons!) instead of spamming the same boring dungeon over and over.

2 Likes

It’s just a daily chore being replaced with another daily chore.
:haha:

But yeah, instead of doing 3 runs in the DG300 with your characters, CM is gonna be the new source of easy money. I get 500~550k silver per CM on SR9 and it takes 25~30min depending on the party.

5 Likes

Hey Pokart, thanks for your translation of the Muy Thai quest.

Also they didn’t nerf uphill coin farm so HAHHHHHHHHHHHH

That’s all I’ve got. Oh, and thanks for the CM tip.

Basically this penalty just killed the instance dungeons. Nobody will do the runs anymore, unless they are on par with the level (mainly at 300-330) or are looking for a specific item (120-180 for petamion/max petamion). With the mercenary missions also dead, there is less and less content to do daily :frowning:

7 Likes

People will continue to do instanced dungeons to level. This only negatively affects anyone that was running the 300 dungeon purely for silver (mostly those at max level).

Anyone still doing the leveling process is not affected by this change, or if they are, it’s minimal. The KR website had a development blog explaining the reasoning behind the changes, but it mostly comes down to inflation; we may see this blog eventually.

3 Likes

My biggest concern is there will be fewer people queueing for the 300 dungeons. On top of that, much fewer level 350+ powerhouses to carry the team.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you level 350+ will stop doing this dungeon after the silver penalty? I would still do it btw.

3 Likes

it takes me like 2 minutes per floor unless you have trolls in your party, just move against a wall to avoid spawn spreading

I never did those for money, 1 saalus run gives as much as 3 dungeon runs and it’s done in 5-7 minutes. Farming has always been better than doing those.
The only time where farming dungeon was actually a legit way to make money was back with the old 145-170 dun and scout/thaumapyro.

If you’re in a fully geared lvl 360 party with optimal comp, sure, but that’s frequently not the case, since many people are still lvling their lvl 340~350 characters, so the first stages take about 3~5 minutes and stage 4 and 5 take 5~7 minutes because of the lack of DPS, specially if there are no Chronos or Thaumas in the party. It’s even worse when you have to fight those cancerous bosses that keep spamming invincibility.

You could say it’s a waste of time doing CM with undergeared people, but it takes more time to find the perfect party to do a CM run in less than 15 minutes due to the current state of the playerbase activity. At least for me, since my guild is dead. :cry:

2 Likes

I seriously just don’t get why most of you don’t quit already. Stockholm syndrome has never been so evident.

2 Likes

Says the guy that can’t move on to another game already.
Poor junkie.

Actually, wait. Don’t quit yet. You have to get noitaminA banned first.

6 Likes

i need muh talts mang

1 Like

Fedimian’s servor random parties are full of trolls and very undergeared players, it’s a sight.
When old players have zoning chars with trans 10, they become able to solo challenge 1-5 wonder how much silver you can get if they don’t also nerf this.

Solo level 1-5 is roughly 800k silver + around 35 unidentified gears assuming you stack looting chance on top of the looting chance buff from CM.

When i do challenge i always try to bring 1 class with either gear or gimmick aoe, like inqui or linker, runs are usually smooth. Got trolled by kruisaider a couple of times tho. Doing level 7 will be difficult with randoms.
I did duo 1-5 and it was like 500k? Bosses give most of the money and that is not divided between players.

It’s not really that bad for level 360, you still get 175k/day without Token, Shards, and Talts… It’s also not an issue for pre-300 dungeon because the silvers are bad…

Merc mission is still good EXP for people pre-rank 7, in fact it’s the solution for those complaining how low the EXP for Dungeon 180 and below. The problem is very few players that a total newbie or making alts plus people just want instant noodles… Merc mission is popular back in rank 8 era due to how fast it is then DG 300 come and no one bother Merc anymore…

CMing requires gearing and investment, while zombie farming the lv 300 does not

will they ever have 330 dungeons ; w ;

no longer have a play cough now with this a lot of players go kita cough … and congratulations IMCwith ending cough