con:
-photosensitive

wiz1-cryo1-link2-thaum3-shadow2 here
pro:
-doesnt need AOE gear
con:
-SP hungry

2 Likes

is shadow 1 not enough for farming? I was considering link3 thaum3 shadow1 full spr lol

Thauma does not double the drop of the new equips(I mean equips that drop directly). So I would test some builds without thauma at all. Maybe wiz1-pyro1-link3-chrono3-shadow1

It’s not for the equips but for the materials for the mashinos gear…

my only source of info is greyhiem. i just compiled them based on my memory

Thank you for compiling @myself

I might go for the 2nd one (cheap build) for my old ff

If the game is still alive by then lolololol

Are you sure about that? Bong ToS’s video today of his Shadowmancer grinding the new HG showed pretty clearly that swell was doubling gear drops.

Since it’s relevant to the topic, here’s the video I’m talking about:

This is a full SPR Wiz 2 > Link 2 > Thaum 3 > Shadow 2. Weapon shows in the video, but its a +10 Trans 4 Machinois staff, with 4x lvl 8 Blue gems. Seems quite good, and has no SP problems, but his weapon is 3808+720 MATK, so might be a bit more investment than you are comfortable with for just a farming character. Not sure how well it’ll perform without that kind of investment.

5 Likes

@twilightscall Thauma2/3 + Staff weapon
:heeey:

Thauma swell will still drop 2x items. Sometimes a mob will randomly resist the effect. You will not get 2x drops if the mob has resisted the effect.

Cryo1 - linker2 - thauma3 - shadowmancer2 : video here
Wiz2 - link2 - thaum2 - featherfoot3 video click here
Enchanter2 farmer version example here

Still multi-drops

He have some buffs on regen sp with event ))
HP600 Recovery every 10 seconds (duration 30 minutes)
SP200 recovery every 10 seconds (duration 30 minutes)

Does lighting hand affect by gear AOE attack ratio?

1 Like

Most enchanters said yes, but it doesn’t matter because mobs will die quickly anyway and the splash range is just ‘1-2 heal tiles’ around your main target.

More videos of other version farmers:

Enchanter version of Meta wizard farmer at HG 340 here
and farming mashinos rod materials here

Linker3 thauma3 shadow1 farming at HG 340 here

2 Likes

wiz1pyro1link2thaum3enchant2?

Pyro1 link2 thaum3 enchanter2 is fine. Pyro1 is more convenient. Can also swap pyro1 for cryo1 (if you really think you need freeze…) and buy enchant fire scroll from market.

Most popular farm builds are:
cryo1 or pyro1 + Linker2 + thauma3 + enchanter2/shadow2.
wiz2 + linker2 + thauma2 + featherfoot3.

thanks for video with ff, may be him got nerfed with rework mages (

why not wiz1>cryo1>link3>thuma3>shadow1? do full SPR if you party with INT builds, or full INT if you party with SPR builds. lifeline lets you have both INT and SPR if you’re with the right people. result is crazy thuma buffs. shadowmancer c1 is also enough for dps in this build.

pyro1link2thaum3enchanter2 is build we talked about month ago ;3
if you have friend to play with pair it with chrono3 (rest the same) for max killing speed :slight_smile:

what is the skill distribution? I don’t get what the new skill does… Is Blood Curse still relevant?

I think wiz2 + linker2 + thauma3 + featherfoot2 would be better. Is FF3 a must?

Thanks in advance ^^

Joint penalty, hangman’s Knot, Swell buffs, Swell body, Kundela slash all you need. Sustain option: add surespell + bloodsucking, and use levitation. Kundela slash feather3 attribute will make it deal 2 hits vs targets with 2 or 2+ debuffs. Joint penalty, hangman and swell body count as debuffs.

I have not seen anyone use bloodcurse since rank 9. New feather3 skill is a debuff for the next 10 hits. Each hit on the enemy will proc another hit with damage. Sure, feather2 is fine too. It will depend on your weapon attack, combo speed and AoE attack ratio.

Got it. Thanks a lot!

So full INT is for enchanter 2 or FF3 while full SPR for shadow1/2?

What’s the weapon choice for each build? i mean some use staff, mace and rod+dagger?