Tree of Savior Forum

[Build] Wolfy's DievDruid Guide (Revamped on 22-03-17)

Current Status: MAJOR UPDATE AND REVAMPING OF THE GUIDE

Dievdirbys and Druid Guide

Content Table:

• Introduction
  • What is it good for?
  • Stats Build Overview
    • INT vs DEX
  • Skill Build Overview
  • Classes:
    • Cleric:
      • Utility
      • Skills
      • Leveling
    • Dievdirbys:
      • Utility
      • Skills
      • Leveling
    • Druid:
      • Utility
    • Skills
      • Leveling
  • Equipment

##Introduction:

Hello~ Wolfy here (aka Wolf24 on Orsha server)

This guide has the purpose to guide new or old players interested on the Dievdirbys into Druid path, based on my experience playing it. I’m currently level 330 and use this build as my main.

As a brief history class about me, i started following Saintone build when still getting used to ToS class sytem. Eventually i took some detours and strategies for myself and decided Druid is the class i enjoy the most. Dievdirbys end up being a really challenging and fun class to play, followed by an awesome multi purpose class: Druid.

I’ve participated actively on TBL, Fantasy Library and ET clearing up to Solmiki 30F for now. Im a heavy druid fanatic, always looking for information and tricks to enjoy the druid path at its fullest. You can find me lurking the Druid Thread or this guide page anytime for questions, or if you are looking for a more direct approach feel free to contact me on Discord ( Wolfy#8915 ) just be warned that my answers may take time depending on how busy or distracted i may be.

##What is this build good for?

to have fun? and roleplay like a wolf. Awooo

I’m gonna go in detail on each class section. So a small summary here:

####Pros

• Able to solo questing (with enough patience)
  • Covers basic healing and provides extra DPS to the party
  • Long invulnerability for yourself and for a coordinated party.
  • High damage on not mobile bosses
  • Excellent balance on Offensive vs Defensive ability
  • Adaptability, change to a cute small insect transform for defensive bonuses or turn into a Lycan to demolish your enemies.
  • Strong on 2v2 or 1v1 PvP scenarios (Thanks to Telepath)

####Cons

• No way to deal with flying monsters. Except for a high cooldown skill (Owls) . Or until you reach R8.
  • Slow to quest or grind alone, but totally possible to do.
  • Not for impatient people.
  • Default costumes are ugly

##Stats Build Overview

When you start you DievDruid path you are gonna need to make a difficult choice.

What stat do i want to use?

Druid3 brings a very unique skill to your hands, Lycanthropy. The damage done by this skill will ALWAYS be physical, but its enhanced not only by your Physical Damage stat but also by your Magical Damage stat, while keeping all the physical damage category pros and cons. Can CRIT, be evaded or blocked and deals less damage on Ghost Armor enemies.

This brings to you 2 paths: INT or DEX

INT vs DEX

There has been discussion on mixing both stats, but then you would be missing the huge INT bonus per rank if you dont go high INT, or you could be losing a lot of critical chance by not investing enough points on DEX as you level up.

Even if mixing both is totally possible, i would highly recommend focus on a single stat as of the current stat system.

• INT Path: Heavy and cheap damage. INT will boost your Cure, Heal, Owls and Carnivory damage. It’s an easy and perfect build for PvE only. You will rely on equipment and abilities for survability which is quite doable on this build. Easy to solo pre-R8 content with it (Pre - Monster nerf patch)

Stats would look something like this:

Which means you will be getting +700matt on this stat build. That later translates to +1400matt while transformed. Also Cure and Heal have INT factors on their damage formula increasing their damage further.

• DEX Path: Survability and Requires heavy investment. This is the alternative path i choose and i’m currently using for the following motives:

• INT only provides Magic Attack, and that’s it.
    • High Transcendence levels on weapon will provide with enough damage to cover the missing damage, while also receiving the DEX bonuses.
    • A full INT build won’t really be able to survive on PvP againts physical dps.
    • All of Lycan skills will have a high chance to crit, paired with their high base damage.
    • Allows you to survive/tank physical monsters, as you will be avoiding 80~100% of the damage.

Completly difficult to solo until you reach Rank 8 and Druid3, recommended for people who can receive help from guildies/friends or will reset from INT to DEX with a potion from an event or adquired normally.

##Skill Build Overview

Each Class circle is gonna be revised below on their respective sections.
This skill build focus on SAVING skills points before each circle upgrade. Diev and Druid are really slow solo leveling classes, so until Party Grinding becomes available we will need to focus on get the best out of our abilities.

Current Skill Build:

##Cleric Class:

###Utility:
I believe adding more information on this already common circle would be impossible. Basic and all around starting support build with Cleric C2.

###Skills:

• Heal lvl10: Despite its name, this skill will be your main aoe ability for the early levels. You won’t depend on HP pots, yet is adviceable to carry a few with you.

• Cure lvl10: 2 AoE Attack Ratio. This skill will be your most important skill to deal with early Bosses and some high HP mobs.

• Safety Zone lvl4: 8 blocks at level 4 + 20 blocks from the attribute. This is your first invulnerability skill. Just always keep an eye on fast attacking/ too many mobs. Note: You can still be affected by debuffs, you just won’t receive damage. High knockback skills can still knock you down without dealing any damage.

• Divine Might lvl5: One level extra on most skills usually won’t change much. Even worse if it only affects the next 5 skills. Yet, this skill will be much more useful once we get to the Diev Circles.

• Fade lvl1: Good for mobility around aggressive mobs, questing and pvping. While under fade buff, you won’t be affected by certain AoE spells.

###Leveling:

Questing on this early stage isn’t a problem and it’s usually done solo. So we focus on getting our damage skills. GET PARDONER BUFFS!!.

Circle 1:

• Get Cure and Heal to level 5.
  • Save 5 points

Circle 2:

• Get Cure and Heal to lvl 10
  • Get Fade to lvl 1 (To make questing easier)
  • Get Safety Zone to lvl 4
  • Get Divine Might to lvl 5

Attributes:

Circle 1: No need for any.

Circle 2:

• Cure: Damage Interval: It will increase your killing speed by a lot.

• Heal: Remove Damage: Once you start going to dungeons this skill will help you focus your Heal only to your allies. This is probably the skill you will have to switch on and off a lot.

• Safety Zone: Increase Range and Block Count: Again, good to get as soon as you start doing dungeon runs.

• AVOID: Heal Creating Extra: it will increase your heal skill cooldown and won’t provide anything really useful.

• Optional: Divine Might Devil Type: It could be used to taunt. The aoe is really small. Why not take it always? If used under fade and a monster is in the damage range, fade will break.

Class Attributes:

• Increased Maximum Buff Count (Available at Rank 5) get it asap.

• Cloth Mastery: Magic: This or plate. No hurries on leveling it, save silver for priority attributes or equipment.

• Plate Mastery: Defense: Same as Cloth.

##Dievdirbys Class:

###Utility:

Heavy zoning focused class. Great utility for yourself and your party.

###Skills:

• Statue of Goddess Vakarine lvl 1: This statue not only gives you a warp statue whenever you are. Making warping to World Boss announcements really fast. But makes the warp cost 0. Eventually this statue will save you a nice amount of silver.

• Statue of Goddess Zemyna lvl 9: This statue may seem as totally worthless on the Diev circle rankings, but once you get to R8, this statue will help you keep your Lycanthropy transform for a longer time while using all your damage rotations on long fights. Also if combined with a SP Recovery Set it will help you use even less potions. Lvl 9 to match duration with Laima and Owls.

• Statue of Goddess Laima lvl 9: 70s duration. Great zoning ability on pvp. Slows bosses and monsters on pve too. Must have ability, cooldown reduction is loved by any and every class.

• Carve Attack lvl 1: To deal with flying or weak mobs, its damage falls off rather quick. No need to invest more than 1 point on it, no matter how much you insist it wont scale well.

• Carve Owl lvl 10: THIS ability will let you solo pretty much anything. If you manage to get used to its high cooldown and correct placement. It hits REALLY high.

• Carve World Tree lvl 10: This ability will work as a pseudo invulnerability while grinding. Most mobs affected by this statue won’t attack, as any debuff this can be resisted by some of them so keep an eye alert.

• Statue of Goddess Ausrine lvl 5: Real invulnerability here. It lasts for 18s and can be refreshed anytime the statue is still alive (30s). Each level provides 1 use of the statue so at level 5 it can be used 5 times.

###Leveling:

As usual, focus on questing. Do your current highest available dungeon (lvl 50 - 80 - 110 - 140) and daily missions (lvl 100). Keep an eye open for Voucher shouts runs as these will improve your leveling process by a lot. EVEN MORE PARDONER BUFFS

Circle 1:

• Get Carve Attack level 1: More offensives skills to help questing. Yup

• Get Vakarine to level 1: Well, we need save silver.

• Get Laima to level 5: The idea behind this is to have a 100% uptime. Not really a priority but not much to get on this circle.

• 8 skill points available.

Circle 2:

• Get Carve Owls to lvl 5: 25s duration on lvl1 with 105s CD is a joke. Always max it as soon as you hit Diev2. Make sure to be under the effect of Laima when casting so this absurd CD gets reduced.
  • Get Carve World Tree to lvl 5: Facing difficult monsters or need to wait for Owls to cooldown. Use this.
  • 13 skill points available.

Circle 3:

• Get Carve Owls to lvl 10: At level 10 it will have a 70s duration.
  • Get Carve Ausrine to lvl 5: This will be useful on missions or any difficult boss battle.
  • Get World Tree to lvl 10: Extra duration, more safety.
    * 13 available skill points.
  • Get Zemyna and Laima to lvl 9

Attributes:

• Previous circles:
  • Get Heal and Cure enhance to lvl 20. If possible, focus on ability/cd changing attributes first.

Circle 1:

• Statue of Goddess Laima: Home Ground: Good to have, not sure if it increases bosses skill cooldowns, it does affect them (debuf appears on them) so skills that use debuffs to do extra damage benefit from this: Incinerate, some Highlander skill, etc.

• Statue of Goddess Vakarine: Decreased Cooldown: If you warp frecuently.

Circle 2:

• No attribute needed.
  • Optional: Carve World Tree: Maintain: It increases the duration, but reduces the AoE. The aoe is kinda small already, so i usually have it always off to be able to stop mage/range monsters from attacking.
  • Avoid: Carve: Chance to Obtain: Higher SP cost, higher cd. 5% chance to get a log that costs 15~30 silver. Not worth it.

Circle 3:

• Statue of Goddess Ausrine: Decreased Cooldown: Self explained.

Class Attributes

• Dievdirbys: Plant-type Damage: This attribute will work as long as you use a Blunt type weapon, but it only benefits physical skills. It applies fully on Lycan skills used on monsters affected by Chortasmata. As shown on this video:
  • Increased Maximum Weight: Logs aren’t heavy, but you may want to carry a lot to reduce the need to go back to restock.

Let’s do some math:

• Carve Owls cd: 105s
    • Carve Owls duration: 70s
    • Carve Owls duration under DM: 75s
    • Laima cd reduction: -20%
    • New Carve Owl cd under Laima: 84s

Result: Carve Owls will have only 9s downtime.

##Druid Class:

###Utility

Offensive cleric circle, adds more bossing potential and invulnerability status to our skill rotations. Awesome damage boost once you reach Rank8 and Circle3.

###Skills Overview

• Carnivory lvl 15: Great DPS againts single targets, really lame againts big groups with high HP.

• Chortasmata lvl 4: Needed for Carnivory and Sterea Trofh. If this magic circle expires, carnivory or sterea casted on it will stop working aswell.

• Sterea Trofh lvl 10: Invulnerability for 15 seconds, aoe, no count penalty. Still can get CC’d

• Telepath lvl 1: Can turn fights on TBL, needs a lot of experience and good planning before using. More info in the pvp zone.

• Transform lvl 6: 100% uptime if used with Divine Might. Receive different bonus depending on the monster we Shapeshift previously. 120s Cooldown.

• Lycanthropy lvl 5: The reason you are here right? Replaces 5 slots on your first skill bar with new skills during this transformation.

SP consumption is 2% per second (not recommended for SPR builds also requires you to avoid any +SP, -SP recovery or +SPR item)

The additional attack shown on the tooltip is a variable on the Lycan skill formula:

[Magical Attack + Physical Attack + Elemental damage + Lycan additional attack] * Skill Multiplier

[A] 2 * swipe attack =2 hits of 80% damage, 0 seconds cooldown

[S] attack with 2 hits of *220% damage each, cooldown 10 seconds

[D] Wild Breath attack 5 * 150% damage, 20 seconds cooldown

[F] roar-scale attack 200% with 1 hit, 20 seconds cooldown

[G] turn off

They are considered physical skills, so can be blocked/evaded and can crit.

You can dash on Lycan form (consumes Stamina).

It doesnt block natural SP regeneration.

• Hengestone lvl 3: Taken for the Transformation buff.

Dievdirbys’ Statues get the +1 level.

The duration formula is: 4 + (skill level * 1.5) rounded down. So it goes like this:

• Lvl 1 = 5s
  • Lvl 2 = 7s
  • Lvl 3 = 8s
  • Lvl 4 = 10s
  • Lvl 5 = 11s

The transformation boost applies this way:

• Cast Hengestone
  • Receive the aura effect
  • Cast [Transformation] or [Lycanthropy] under the aura
  • The transformation will remain buffed for its full duration, even if Hengestone expires.

The boost you receive is:

• +100% Patt
  • +100% Matt
  • +100% HP

###Leveling

Circle 1:

• Chortasmata to level 1.
  • Carnivory to level 5.
  • Get Telepath if you desire to start pvping on TBL (not recommended until at least R7)
  • 8 remaining skill points.

Circle 2:

• Carnivory to level 10.
  • Sterea Trofh to level 5.
  • Shapeshift to lvl 1.
  • Transform to lvl 5
  • 10 remaining skill points.

Circle 3:

• Carnivory to level 12.
  • Hengestone to level 3: With Divine Might you get a nice 10s duration.
  • Lycanthropy to level 5: No brainer.
  • Transform to level 6: With Divine Might you get a 2m duration transform that can be recasted as soon as it ends.
  • Carnivory to level 15.
  • Sterea Trofh to level 10: 50% uptime invulnerability.
  • Chortasmata to level 4: To allow a wider time room to cast Carnivory/ST.

Attributes:

Circle 1:

• Carnivory: Duration Time: You can cast Carnivory BEFORE Chortasmata. It’s good to get people off guard. Careful, the casting aoe still applies.

Circle 2:

• Chortasmata: Duration: Get this instead of extra chortasmata levels.

Circle 3:

• What new attributes? IMC please.

• Mass Telepath: Once telepath gets fixed (again) to not change the telepath enemies to allies it proves to be an awesome CC tool on PvE. It doesn’t work on PvP.

Class Attributes

• Druid: Insect-type Speciality: +40% Def and Mdef while transformed on an Insect type monster.

• Druid: Large-type Speciality: +75% HP while transformed on a Large Type Monster.

• Druid: Medium-type Speciality: +110 damage to S - M - L monsters. Nice boost i guess.

• Druid: Small-type Speciality: +100% evasion, perfect for DEX builds.

##Equipment

Armor and weapon until lvl 220:

• Anything you can get without spending too much.

For real, this isn’t a equipment dependant class. Get the higher defense/damage white equip you find on market.
Do not spend too much silver buying something you will replace 20-30 levels later.

SP recovery set

As you reach rank 8 and start to use Lycanthropy to do your usual stuff, you will notice how fast your SP potions are consumed. So, using the CW Set addon to allow us to register and switch between set of armor we are gonna improve this. It is also highly recommended to invest on leveling a Squire3 if you really want to focus on this step.

Currently using the following items:

https://tos.neet.tv/items/523302

https://tos.neet.tv/items/533303

https://tos.neet.tv/items/582127

and 3 sp recovery headgears to replace my normal headgears.

This while also using my squire3 table buff for -10s SP recovery speed.

Weapon at Rank 8 to current end game

• Cheapest weapon to get for low investment druid 3 that arent planning to upgrade too much or not taking this build as their main: Vienarazis Mace.

Min and Max attack apply to your physical attack and magical attack, which Lycan uses as base for its damage formula.

High INT stat and no SPR.

High magic attack stat.

2 slots for unroasted blue gems

The stats it provides are comparable to a stage 4 transcendence on the purple Rod.

No benefit from enhancing this as it will only provide Physical Damage

• If you desire to enhance or have available higher investment funds we could choose: Heart of Glory or Skull Smasher

High INT stat and maneagable SPR.

Highest SP recovery stat on a single item in the game.

Increased defense stat.

3 slots for blue unroasted gems.

Provides high physical attack.

Its a mace, so benefits from Diev Plant Attribute.

High HP boost, that also gets doubled.

SPR stat is really high so requires proper work and preparations to reduce the SP usage.

3 slots for blue unroasted gems.

Head Gear Stats Priority:

Magic Attack > Physical Attack > HP > “SP recovery” > Accuraccy

Lets talk a bit about that forgotten stat “sp recovery”

Range: 21~42

You may want to adquire a different set with SP recovery on it to alternate while under Lycan. Look for items with at least 32 SP recovery on each slot, no need for any extra stat but anything helps.

####Gameplay Videos

Farming Lyoni - Squire camp and food buff demo + sp recovery set.

This guide is always a Work in Progress. Any feedback or comment is appreciated. Thank you for reading so far.

14 Likes

Mint guide. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing this guide further developed!

A Diev druid here. Just trying to decide what to di after druid c2. What are your opinions about c3?

@Veritas Thank you, Mango. Still gonna recollect more info around here. Keep checking ktosforums and videos. I did this guide on one sitting, so kinda rushed i believe. Probably gonna update it this weekend.

@evrencp Normal transitions would be:

• Inquisitor: All of this class skills are based on Physical Modifiers. I believe most Diev > Druid will go INT focused builds. So i discarded it just for that. A funny interaction i saw is that you can use Carve Attack on the Wheel skill.

• Taoist: I believe this class would add an interesting playstyle to this build. It would be the ULTIMATE zoning build, statues, Chortasmata, charms. I’m really curious and desire to try if the “Fade” charms apply to statues and hide them (You can apply buffs and debbufs on Owls most of them won’t work tho) I just got a bit let down by the need to stock on charms (expensive and we already have weight problems with Logs)

• Druid3: The main reason i took this: Transform/Lycanthropy +100% HP and Matt. This circle alone will DOUBLE your stats, making this build capable of following a Support (Double HP) or DPS (Double Matt) build on R9 and R10. And, even if they nerf it somehow, you can still get a Big Spider transform and get +40%Mdef and Pdef, combined with the card system i believe (need confirmation) you could get up to +90%Mdef. Or a Large Type Monster for +75% extra HP additional to the +100% HP from Hengestone.

If we take previous ranks:

• Priest: Resurrection is never bad, but your solo abilities will suffer a lot. I don’t think it would be a good idea at this point.
  • Oracle/Kabba/PD: Maybe? As a pvp oriented build. I personally don’t feel pvp should receive that much attention to the extent as sacrifice a full circle for it.

Hi.
I have saw many video of Druid3, but none of them get Diev.
I wonder if statues can be casted during the transform or not.
Is there any information about this?

Thanks!

i get level10 carve

very strong skill until 200+

i get 1 vakarine and zemyna for fun

can i ask when did vakarine change

i thought it used to paid

i like druid pd more than druid2
but druid 3 make me want to sacrifice pd
look like pd do better damage(aoe) and easier soloing
druid carnivory make me sad
strong vs boss but bad mobbing and doesn’t hit flying mob
cure also doesn’t hit flying and owl cooldown too looooong(while questing)

dilemma

i wouldn’t change druid1
i like holding blunt
diev blut attribute that hitting plant and druid turn mob to plant
i use a lot of auto attack (and carve attack) usually solo questing

@ww5811313 I’m trying to get this info. Will update when i find something about this.

@Planeptune Vakarine ALWAYS had a cost 0 silver to warp. Before it was just a visual bug using the normal warp statue prices. PD and Druid2 are r7 classes, at this levels you most likely won’t solo that much and just focus on grind parties. For high HP flying mob you can easily set an aggro field with Laima and kill a group with Owls. It requires PATIENCE, to explore the spawn points and a bit of cooldown management, it varies from map to map, but i believe its a needed skill for this build.

i should know it always cost 0 early
i got lv1 but rarely use vakarine teleport before

about high hp mob
i know how to manage that
but it’s seem a bit slower
(atleast i need to wait owl cooldown for new pack of mob)

i know grinding is only way to get higher level
and soloing ability is doesn’t matter

but i doesn’t play a lot, don’t going to grinding a lot
i playing casual soloing a quest
when they add new quest every patch launch

hope druid 3 wolf would be fine
and good enough to cover skill downtime

@Planeptune Actually, Diev3 will allow you to do something most classes can’t do. You can “solo grind” the usual grind places (Alemeth, Evac, Igit Coast, etc) I do this when i can’t find a grind party or when i feel like just playing for a bit. A place where you can grind/farm silver and owls will ALWAYS be used on the full duration is Demon Prison 2. Just put both owls and Laima on the center of each room and start to bring the mobs to it, then move to the next room. You wont even notice the cooldown thanks to the very high spawn rate on that map.

yup it’s cleary that diev3 are very strong

but choosing rank7-8 class still hard to decide

both of them have it’s own good

maybe i goona play both diev3 build

Nice advice. I would like to take druid c3 as well but taoist zoning build too good to pass. And do not forget we will need lots of sp pots as well if we transform into the wolf.

taoist is a very expensive class from what people are saying. each skill requires a tailsman mat to cast and each talisman is 500 silver. Skills are like 2-3 talismans per cast so thats 1-1.5k per skill which as you can imagine adds up very quickly.

@evrencp Werewolf is bursty, not to be spammed and not our only transform available like a Sorcerer summon. A normal Transform skill under Hengestone can give you the double stats without draining your sp.

An example video i could find

Their build is Cleric>Krivis2>Bokor2>Druid3 i believe.

They fixed it now and Taoist skills only need 1 talisman per skill. So its not so expensive.

Really dont call new classess ‘‘op’’ or ‘‘expensive’’ when we know they’ll be balanced.

Wait! Do normal transformation increase our stats with hedge stone?

@CrossSleet https://gyazo.com/628c8374190224cd5400b080d05dfaa7 they were reduced by 1, still 1k ~ 1.5k per skill.

@evrencp yup, really good.

It’s not class for the poor then :wink: 280+ lvl content will probably give nice amounts of silver anyway.

Considering the people who are saying it’s expensive are the people who have the class I would go ahead and say it obviously is still expensive.

every class is expensive nowadays. If we go druid c3 we’ll need lots of sp pots XD

1 Like

Only considering you want to have high uptime of Werewolf. I think Lycantrophy will be better as short burst skill than for long battles - but we’ll see.

Im yet to see whole werewolf potential - right now henge/transform combo seems better.